SFR phone / WIFI

if you are lacking internet connection and have a laptop, in exztreme circs, Macdonalds have a free WIFI connection in most of their restaurants (even if the coffee is awful) so you can sit at a table and keep up with your mail/social media if necessary until you have a more civilized connection. Needs must, etc.

Will look through thanks see what works for us

I started out many yearts ago using McDo’s but now I find Carrefour have far faster connections than McDo’s do. I’ve uploaded tens of gigabytes of photos and home movies to iCloud and Onedrive while sipping (multiple) coffees in a little resto outside our local Carrefour. All to conserve my meagre 450GB monthly allowance from my three Free SIMs :roll_eyes: Also a good spot to load up the old iPlayer app.

1 Like

Have you checked if you husband’s phone has a “hotspot” feature. I think all Android and IOS phones do now. If you have a reasonable 4G signal (even if you have to put the phone next to the window to get it) you can turn on the hotspot, give it a name, like “my_husbands_hotspot” (titter) and a simple password and log your computer and printer onto the hotspot, it will then act as your own little home network and give you Internet access. Be sure to turn the hotspot off when the phone isn’t attached to the charger or when you’re not using it, as it consumes quite a bit of power.

1 Like

I’ve used that arrangement in Hospital with my phone and my iPad and it works very efficiently.
As well as consuming power, it will also deplete any limits on your husband’s data allowance from his abonnement.

1 Like

True, best to check the data allowance and make sure that the cost of overruns isn’t punitive.

1 Like

Thanks John i will give it a go make the form filling easier on laptop than mobiles