She's been sacked!

Many of you will think me an airhead numpty but I was given an “Alexa” thingy last xmas so I could listen to music I no longer have on cassettes etc. Anyway I discovered by accident today that I can access BBC Radio 4 lovely and clear after it disappeared up in Brittany a couple of years ago via my little old transistor radio I love. I am not au fait with technology never having used it apart from this PC so I am a happy bunny today as I enjoy many of the programmes that are on there and the Archers remind me of my childhood.

5 Likes
1 Like

@Shiba - When listening to BBC radio on Alexa, you can also ask it to restart the programme or rewind by a specific number of minutes. Very handy if you’ve missed the start or would like to listen again to reports of Braverman etc being sacked over and over :laughing:

4 Likes

A wipe-out seems likely. Though in my view if a single Tory MP is returned to parliament in the next GE it will be one too many.

1 Like

:checkered_flag: Someone’s going to be told off for posting Braverman’s exit on the Cheerful News thread rather than in Political Humour :face_with_peeking_eye:

(No matter how cheerful the news!)

1 Like

Precisely! Enough of this evil chat, people wishing to discuss UK politics should get back to the political threads as nothing whatsoever about it can be considered cheerful! Marginally less dire does not make it cheerful.

2 Likes

If no-one objects I’ll move the posts above to the “She’s Sacked” thread.

3 Likes

Done

PS - apologies to @Shiba as I should have left her post on the original thread.

2 Likes

So just to be clear, David Cameron is the unelected Foreign Secretary. And because he’s unelected, he has been ennobled so will sit in the House of Lords and not the House of Commons. So the unelected Foreign Secretary will be making decisions about the UK, completely unquestioned by elected MPs.

Thank goodness the UK left the unelected bureaucrats that make up the EU…!

4 Likes

An unelected PM, appointing an unelected Foreign Secretary - seems appropriate.

And to think that the Brexit crowd complained about unelected EU bureaucrats :rofl:

4 Likes

Hot off the presses… Therese Coffey is out, not sure if Larry the cat’s got the gig @Griffin36

1 Like

After. If she’s PM and they lose then she’ll get the blame. After, any recovery will be to her credit.

As for the result, I doubt it will be the total landslide some expect, but we’ll have to wait and see.

1 Like

5d4e917f-2213-468f-83af-46f6e92529b7

An awful lot of the “General Discussion” topics at the moment ought to be in the Politics category!

2 Likes

Don’t have time to move them all  I’m afraid.

1 Like

No worries - I know you haven’t that much free time! It was just a comment because we seem overrun :rofl:

2 Likes

I don’t think so.
His father in law has one of the biggest companies in India.

For once I agree with @Rocam on this.

He’s previously lived in the US, he’s kept his green card, he donated more money to US charities and schools than he did in the UK, he was all loved up when ‘interviewing’ Musk recently, he considers himself a tech bro despite being a bean counter, etc…

He’ll be off to the US after the General Election, once he’s resigned after the Tories lose (despite him being in a safe seat).

2 Likes

And Mrs Sunak is a billionairess in her own right, doesnt pay income tax, signs deals with BP. He only wanted the position to be on his CV. He ike a lot of politicians only think about the back pocket and dont give one iota about you or anyone else

Why was he in the US not so long ago, and why did he or even how did he keep his green card?

1 Like

Not newsworthy, she is no use to herself never mind the men and beasts.

1 Like