Short Term Visit Quarantine

I agree. Less painless, for those of us in the steerage class of economic life.

All things being mas o menos, I can afford to trade time for money. The chunnel is great for getting there - been on that for the battlefield tours - but to this day I believe crossing The Channel in a ship is the authentic way to come and go from the island of Britain.

And I am puzzled - what is causing the pain in question? Where does it hurt?

Ha ha - well spotted - thank you autocorrect.

My last return cost me 166e door to door - same price as sleazy jet if not cheaper once I factor in getting to the airport / parking / tolls / Gatwick express etc and there are currently some much cheaper fares available - plus you can reschedule at will FOC. Imagine doing that with a budget airlineā€¦

Plus there was almost no one travelling, wifi, clean toilets, no security fascists throwing your belongings at you as you attempt to take your belt off as fast as possible and everyone calls you ā€œMadamā€ - whatā€™s not to likeā€¦

1 Like

Well that could cause a problem for me!

2 Likes

Ooooh! Not Gat XPS! Dreadful rip off! Southern Trains. Much cheaper and can change at Clapham Junction to take routes to other places round about Lunnun. Brompton Rd for Earlā€™s Court/Sth Ken, Shepherdā€™s Bush/Westfield for the gilded streets of Notting Hill or leafy St Margaretā€™s for Twickenham

Just worked out my door to door Valencia - Bristol via EZJ Alicante. ā‚¬41.80. Includes a 40% discount VLC-ALI train and 80% discount airport bus - both for being wizened, creaking and ancient, of course.

I admit that a train ride is far preferable to a flight in terms of comfort but from the Biscay coast to VLC is another hour - at 520mph.

Thanks to MD for the link.

Anyone got hot tips for discounts on ferries into Normandy in a camper?

Go by Eurostar.

1 Like

Not if you put a frock on.

1 Like