Should everyone wear fleecy underwear?

No, I am not being flippant… I am aghast at how this court case has progressed…

Since when was a thong (lacy or otherwise) regarded as an invitation… :thinking:

Just been reading this. Good for the MP who whipped a thong out of her sleeve in the Irish Parliament. I hope the victim gets a retrial

2 Likes

If the thong in question was not on display (whatever length of overgarment was covering it) then it has no bearing (and I agree it is a scandal that it is being displayed in court - regardless).

If the item in question was freely on display - well, that might be considered an invitation depending on circumstances.

And thus, I suspect, does the balance in a good few rape cases swing.

The defence is, after all, that the act was consensual.

There is a vast distance between flashing your underwear (either on purpose or accidentally) and consent.

2 Likes

Which is why I said “depending on circumstances”.

I thought it was well established that no mode of dress (down to and including stark b*****k naked) was in, and of, itself an invitation to have sex - it all depends on circumstances (and, increasingly on explicit statement of consent).

Women can wear their clothes for themselves.

1 Like

Good too for all the Irish women who showed their support by leaving their knickers on the steps of the courthouse and on lines in the street.
I don’t wear a bra, I hate them and find them torture…does this ‘give an invitation’
to a man to fondle or rape me ?
Women will no longer tolerate this sort of treatment !

1 Like