Should there be a new Centre Party in UK and would you support it?

I agree that Corbyn has principles, which seems rare in modern politics (just see number of MPs who switched Brexit views post referendum) - I just don’t agree with most of his principles, and cannot see a time that I would vote for him.

1 Like

Lemme think - airbrushing his support for the IRA would be quite enough for many to question Corbyn’s principles but I think he’s volt-faced on a few other things as well hasn’t he? E.g. shoot to kill, NATO, even coming out in support for the EU during the referendum, lukewarm though it was, given that he is staunchly Eurosceptic.

I’m not sure that he is any more principled than any other politician - i.e. not very.

2 Likes

His support for those who killed innocent people on hijacked aircraft was enough for me :unamused:

2 Likes

I don’t see a change of mind as necessarily unprincipled - as long as one is honest that one has done so, and why.

1 Like

to what incident(s) do you refer specifically Bill?

1 Like

Check his record Graham :neutral_face:

To change your mind is fine… But for so many MPs to change their mind overnight is not due to their principles it is an attempt to remain an MP.

An MP should put themselves forward detailing their principles - people can then decide if they wish to vote for them.

A lot of what he does is misinterpreted/demonized by the popular press for consumption by people too lazy or unable to check the facts for themselves.
Present company excepted, of course Bill :wink:

2 Likes

I firmly subscribe to the line “How do you tell if a politician is lying? - Their lips are moving”.

I think the biggest problem Corbyn has is that he is simply not a leader as has been demonstrated by the anti-semitism nonsense that just won’t go away.

2 Likes

I also like Jeremy Corbyn and have my own thoughts on who is making sure the anti-semitism nonsense is not going away. Of course I cannot discuss those thoughts here or anywhere for that matter. In the same way that I cannot offer adverse criticism of Lewis Hamilton’s character without being labelled a racist.

Safest way nowadays……….just shut up.

1 Like

Whatever your political opinions may be Bill, I still reckon you a reckon you an AOK geezer and patron saint of everything in the 'oggin (except pollutants and particularly plastic} and goose-friendly extra-ordinaire. BTW no news or sightings of bird-in-question? :thinking::cry:

2 Likes

Which is a shame… stifles proper debate

3 Likes

Agree 100%.

1 Like

I respect your need to keep schtum so as not to compromise your safety, your professional reputation, your livelihood, your family’s general welfare, valued friendships or any other reason.

But I get some reassurance from what you say, and the way you say it.

3 Likes

Not a ‘Gobble’ Pete, not seen Him since Xmas, could be a very bad sign :-1 :sob:

My leanings are generally Left Pete, but I am of the opinion, Corbyn is a ‘creep’.

[quote=“Bill, post:36, topic:22224, full:true”] Corbyn is a ‘creep’.
[/quote]

North London half-pinter and Spurs supporter eh, Bill ? :joy:

1 Like

And he apparently has shown support for ‘much worse’ than Spurs Pete :neutral_face:

Eeeeeeek! Don’t think I wanna know, Bill. :grimacing:

1 Like

It is not just debate that is stifled when people fail to engage.
It gives the green light to extremists.

1 Like