Signs of Spring 2020?

OK… we’ve had the grues passing overhead (always a wonderful sight)… seen some butterflies , although not yet the Brimstone which is the harbinger of Spring (so say our neighbours)…

today I found a pipistrelle snuggling behind the shutters. they and the other species had all vanished byChristmas… but this little one has suddenly decided to “come home”… :relaxed: :relaxed:

anyone got other “sightings” to report… ???

1 Like

Found the first wasp of 2020 back in early January, the second a couple of days ago.
I suspect they find crevices in old houses to hibernate and wake up too soon when we have a sunny day.

Little lizzards scurrying around yesterday…

Our climbing roses on an east facing wall seem to think that it is already the end of March by the amount of growth they are making.

First Forsythia flowers.

1 Like

HUNDREDS of grues passing right overhead this afternoon.

2 Likes

Daffodils blooming.

What happened to winter?

Couldn’t stand the heat!

1 Like

Bearded irises flowering as well

1 Like

A some crocus and primrose as well, little signs of spring in a wintry landscape.

Global warming !

Ours are in bud and the willow tree is greening up nicely.

1 Like

Cowslips are out here, not good, far too early.

Oh lucky you! I just love them. Seeing them growing wild in the ditches at the side of the road. And for some reason they just don’t reach this far into Lot-et-Garonne

And HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS more today - this is the big push. Ideal weather - mild, light wind from the south

Where are you @SuePJ? We saw loads heading south in November in 33570 but not many heading North.

Lot-et-Garonne. It’s one of the special things about living here.

French farmer neighbour tells us he has some roses coming into flower, “très mauvais, pas normal”…can’t argue with that.

Passed here too, so many :grin: