Silly question what day is "7 jours avant"?

OH has to have an op and he’s seeing the anaesthetist on Wednesday May 10th.
He has an ordnance for a blood test which says: “7 jours avant la consultation anesthésie”
Which day would you think he has to have the test? I initially thought it should be on Wednesday May 3rd, but am having doubts and wondering if it ought to be Thursday May 4th?

Please don’t suggest I phone the secretary - all I get is horrible music and a recorded message which finally cuts me off. I’d rather work this out if I can - hopefully it’s obvious to everyone else. :thinking:

My vote would be for May 3 but @vero can be more certain

2 Likes

Thanks, it’s the “15 jours” for a fortnight and “8 jours” for a week which is making me doubt all this!

Le mercredi 3 mai is your day :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think May 3rd is OK. Wouldn’t have thought one day, either way, would make much difference to a blood test.

2 Likes

I’d agree, the gas man just wants to make sure the results are available in good time for (but not too far ahead of) your consultation.

1 Like

I hope it all goes well Sue :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you @vero @billybutcher @Susannah @Bonzocat for your reassurances and @John_Scully for your good wishes.

I’m paranoid now about what has to happen over the coming weeks as I misread some paperwork earlier in the year and didn’t realise he needed a blood test before they would scan him - so we turned up for the scan and they sent him away. In fact I’m not sure it’s all bad news as that enabled him to have his cataract op first, which I think is a good thing. He’s got a lot going on at the moment and I’m his PA/secretary :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Bon courage :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like