Ski in Midi-Pyrenees

(Philip Dominy) #1

For all those interested in regular skiing in the Pyrenees you can buy a discount ski card for about 26 euro from n-py,com they have a card called No souci which gives access to 7 different ski resorts in the Pyrenees it works like a ski pass so no queueing and a 30% discount on a days skiing which is taken from your bank account once a month plus on your 5th trip it’s half price and every subsequent 5th trip it’s free check out the web site my Wife and I have used ours for the past 2 years with no problem.

(Laurent Grandsimon) #2

I suggest Luz Ardiden... May be it is because I live there... Great hotel too... I forgot it's mine. :-)

Anyway Jill check us out. Sian can help with infos on snow shoeing and Gavarnie escape walks, as well as our local thermal baths. Cheers Laurent

(Jill Harrison) #3

Thanks for that Martin, a nice lot to choose from, will have a good study this weekend. Thanks again.

Jill

(Martin Parker) #4

Hi Jill,

There are a lot of resorts to choose from!

La Mongie is the largest in the Midi-Pyrenees and the resort is right in the middle of the slopes.

St Lary Soulan is a nice resort with accommodation both in the ski area and at the foot of the mountain in the town.

Luchon is a lovely town and again accommodation is available both at the slopes and in the town.

Take a look at these resort guides for more info. There is also a map of the ski resort locations.

For a weekend, I think any of the larger resorts will give you plenty of varied skiing.

Hope that helpsd a little

(Jill Harrison) #5

Hi,

I don’t live in this area I live in Brittany, but I used to go ski-ing a while back in fact about 20 years ago!!! and would love to try again, but even though I got my intermediate badge, I should imagine I would need to start from the beginning again!

Can anyone suggest where is a good place to go for 2/3 people, one of which may be my 14 year old son, probably be for a long long weekend??

Thanks very much

Jill

(Martin Parker) #6

It would be nice to get out skiing anywhere at the moment!! Just didn’t have time last season, but will definitely make the effort this year.

(Laurent Grandsimon) #7

Not Piau!! Luz Ardiden is a must. :) Luz was at the origin of the N'Py group of resorts. ;-) Just shamelessly supporting the local team.. :)

(Martin Parker) #8

Hi Philip,

Thanks for that, I had forgotten to mention it in the ski meet up topic. The N-Py card covers Piau, which is where we are looking at going. There is also the altiservice card, which has a different scheme and covers different resorts compared to the N-Py card.

There are details here