Skin Cancer Treatment

Fascinating report.

With global warming and the depletion of the ozone layer, this is extremely timely and a wonderful advance.

1 Like

Very timely indeed and what a coincidence, I had something dodgy lasered off my nose on Wednesday afternoon, not a melanoma but still something my dermatologist thought should be removed forthwith (basal cell).
He gave me a rule of thumb (which you probably know but I’ll pass it on just in case), if anything appears and hasn’t gone away again in 2 months, show it to a dermatologist.

3 Likes

But also be aware that not all skin cancers are sun related. My OH is currently undergoing treatment for skin cancer-his was not caused by sun bathing but by a " rogue" mole on his back. He’s always had it but earlier this year it suddenly got bigger and inflated. You should check all moles on a regular basis and have any that change-size, shape, colour, itchiness-investigated immediately. Fortunately after having it removed ( plus his lymph nodes) he has been told there is no cancer anywhere else ( although he has 3 years now of visiting the dermatologist 4 times a year, and full body scans twice a year ) and he is about to start immunotherapy to support his immune system after having the lymph nodes removed.

4 Likes

Good advice.

Great news.
Bonne courage.

Yes, even if something is small it is well worth checking things out - I had a place that wouldn’t heal on my chin - it would start to get better then break out again. It turned out to be a “rodent ulcer” (Basal cell carcinoma) and I had it removed in 1983 - It initially left a big scar but better that than spreading, and now you wouldn’t know anything had been done.

4 Likes