Sleep and Ashwagandha

Sorry that’s the sum total of my helpful advice exhausted then! Xxx

1 Like

Lol @cat don’t worry. Still love ya :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Perhaps try switching from Teatotal to Horlicks!

1 Like

Sorry Mat, can’t stand the stuff :face_vomiting:

My doctor asked if I’d like to try melatonin - it’s on prescription. Because we are all different some things work for one but not the other. Melatonin did nothing for me unfortunately.

Gave me worse insomnia!

During my 25 years of insomnia some friends came to stay for a week at which time my fridge was filled with all sorts of goodies following a shopping trip. When my friends went back home I found a large unopened packet of soft greek cheese. I tried a slice one evening. It was delicious and ate the lot. That night I slept like sleeping beauty - I woke feeling so very well and with a smile on my face!

I am sure that the calcium in the cheese was the culprit, but couldn’t find that particular brand of cheese anywhere. Or it could have been the relief of getting my house back to myself again! Anyhow, I tried calcium supplements, but to no avail!

2 Likes

Yes I could not agree more. I used to be drinking to get to sleep and waking up and even having another to get back to sleep.
Since giving up booze some twenty five years ago I sleep through eight hours straight every night unless the cats or wife disturb me. I’m also fortunate in that after a quick read I’m asleep within minutes of my head touching the pillow.

I don’t drink - I don’t sleep either though :persevere:

1 Like

Hi
The traditional remedy for sleepless nights is an infusion of tilleul leaves
I remembered this when I was in Provence last year, from when my employer there 50 years ago told me. Last year my daughter was very stressed and overworked and could not sleep
We had tilleul trees outside so I made her the tea and she immediately relaxed and slept well

1 Like

Tilleul infusion is usually made from the flowers, you collect them when 3 are open, along with the bract and make your infusion, then dry more for when the flowers are over. Or drink hot water or milk with eau de fleur d’oranger in it.

After using the fresh leaves we found that the local farm shop in Sault had bags of dried leaves and flowers mixed in which worked well too
I think the early leaves and flowers are best but this was August and we just used what was available

1 Like

For those of you on Facebook, there is a very helpful group called The Sleep Pod Group which has lots of free resources and ideas. It’s run by an english lady who lives in the Tarn and has insomniac members from all over the world.

I have to say this has changed my life.
Not for sleep but the amount of energy and positivity I now feel.
I wish I had been taking this years earlier, as it is totally amazing.

Really useful to know Jane. I have an OH who badly needs something like this. What form do you take it in please?

I take it in capsules, one a day. I started taking it at night to see if it would help me sleep better, but my problem is with a damaged nerve to my bladder which makes me get up at least two or three times a night.
Now I take it in the morning and it keeps me going throughout the day. I used to look at something and think I’ll do that tomorrow, now I just get on with it and have the energy to go with it.
A total transformation for me.
Of course, there is no guarantee that your OH will be the same as me, but definitely worth a go.
I get my tablets from Healthspan.

1 Like

@Jane_Williamson Thanks

I did a bit of research and it turns out that it has showed great promise for sufferers of fibromyalgia so I’m going to order some for dh. They have a special offer of buy 2 3rd one for a €1 so at 2 tabs a day that is 3 months for €15 so figure it is worth a try!
i just found this French company that does it:
https://www.dieti-natura.com/ashwagandha.html#tab-reviews

1 Like