Small rat question

Ragondins have those enormous orange tusky teeth…

Why did you kill it?

Ratty land-mine finders.

1 Like

Sweetness, lovely pouched rats, great big creatures. People eat them, I mean they are bred for meat :frowning: I think. Certainly cane rats are.

1 Like

A huge rat like that, would be a super dog substitute. I know they are as clever, if not more so, than many dogs…I can’t get myself another real dog, even a very ancient ugly one from the chenil, now, (Lili was oldest and ugliest, but she died about a year ago, at 20)… because any dog might live five years, unless sick, and costly to keep, maybe…
How evil it would be, of me, to die, and abandon a very ancient friend. Plus costs are huge, vets fees and chenil fees when I go away. Problem with huge rat? All the dogs in the neighbourhood, are mostly enthusiastic hunters/killers. The main local hunt pack, lives close enough to get them all shrieking in a frenzy if I go out for a pee in the night.
All beautifully behaved, usually, the whole pack will stop and turn on a sixpence, for their master. But if they smell Huge Rat?
Not sure they’d care about the rules.

How about a hen? They can be very companionable and are entertaining to watch.

2 Likes

I love chickens. but the same problem arises. I’m old and might be dead within a few years. A rat, I imagine wouldn’t miss me in particular. Chickens wouldn’t, either, but unlike a rat, they need to be cared for, or they don’t survive. I don’t think there’s much difference between tame and wild rats…So when I drop dead, a rat would readjust easily, just wander off…and become wild. :smiley:

But hens are very easy to rehome…and if not could be served up at the wake.

1 Like

Nooooo!

1 Like

:yum::yum:

1 Like

Yes, anything edible is likely to get a warm welcome, no problem. However, I’m not expecting to be inspected, or checked up on. Just as in the Oz outback, skeletons are found sometimes, still seated by ten years out of date computers. Remains of ancient pizzas, still stuck, rock hard to dusty plates and dried up coffee cups,still grasped by boney fingers. :smiley:

2 Likes

Serving old pals up in sandwiches, has no appeal in terms of “ideal pets”. Even if the Risen me, could fix it.

[quote=“anon78757855, post:32, topic:26904, full:true”]."…in the Oz outback, skeletons are found sometimes, still seated by ten years out of date computers. Remains of ancient pizzas, still stuck, rock hard to dusty plates and dried up coffee cups,still grasped by boney fingers". :smiley:
[/quote]

Can’t wait for the next chapter, nail-biting tension …:cold_sweat: @anon78757855!

1 Like

@anon78757855 You paint a very graphic image there :hushed: But rest assured that will never happen to you.
As soon as you stop posting on SF, we will all know there’s something up and we’ll send out a search party! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like