So 6 only + children at Christmas

And not addressed at you per se - just at some of the comments in the two threads. Can’t even remember who particularly (joys of double threads) but just my overall impression!

The issue that hasn’t been picked up on this thread is mental health. For people who are alone it can be a huge thing to be invited to a family’s festive meal. If that invitation doesn’t come this year logically they might understand why, but emotionally it could be a very rough day.

2 Likes

Not at table :rofl: but distancing :sunglasses:(we’re fortunate that there’s enough room) and as I’ve already said, the kids have to eat in the school canteen everyday with 10 times more “danger”. For info, Just been into Albi and took ages finding a parking space in the huge zone commerciale, same thing in the town centre, both were heaving! All playing by the rules but way off a real confinement :rofl: and our very reduced family Christmas doo is nothing at all compared to all those who have been partying through confinement (I sell packs of beer every evening to youngsters all dressed up to faire la fête and yet another clandestine nightclub has just been unveiled - those are the ones who are really flouting the rules :wink:

Germany is saying that christmas shopping is responsible for a big part of the increase in cases… and two gîtes in our department have been completely trashed in last couple of weeks by young people renting them for clandestine parties.

Christmas dinner is just part of the picture - and hope the bird doesn’t bring bird flu with it too.

1 Like

Airbnb are being asked to clamp down and appear to be doing so. They kee pinterviewing gîtes owners on BFM and others channels who are highlighting the problem. We turned round last Sunday as we couldn’t even park the car! As you say, Jane, bird flu back and already hit some farms :frowning: roll on 2021!

Not at Christmas, but it might come to that, I have been asked to take a Dobermann from Nontron to his new home at Nantes. I’ll probably do it next Friday. Apparently it is ok after Tuesday when the rules change and I should be ok as long as I keep within the curfew rules.

I will have contact with only 2 people during the day, at the refuge and the handover, plus a diesel pump with a gloved hand (always wear gloves where diesel is concerned) on the way back.

Safer than the weekly shopping trip to the Presse, Boulangerie and Supermarket on Tuesday, and the visit for a blood test and to take the car in for service and CT repairs on Wednesday. :wink:

1 Like