So Impressive

I can hear OH listening to the questioning of Alan Bates by Jason Beer in the Post Office Horizon IT Enquiry.

Both men are incredible.

3 Likes

Where’s that Sue, on BBC Parliament?

He was watching it on The Times which he subscribes to. They also have their own YouTube Channel:

OK thanks, I won’t pay as there is so much choice of free news, but I did somehow manage to miss it. I am cleaving more to Al Jazeera now and again since, with this new Manhattan decoder I have lost Channel 4 completely, and it isn’t always convenient to watch Ch 4+1 an hour later.

You can watch it any time you want and don’t have to subscribe to anything. For example:

One of the joys (!) of the Covid enquiry was the quality of some of the questioning. So much briefer, to the point and courteous than most of Radio 4’s presenters can manage (reminiscent of French news programmes, in fact).

1 Like

I am a big fan of Radio 4 News but I do recognise that sometimes I am shouting at the box ‘for goodness’ sake, get to the point’ during some of their long, convoluted sentences. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

This YT video by sat&pc guy shows how to get Channel 4 on a Manhattan.

Channel 4 on Manhattan

Interesting, thanks, I didn’t realise it was a deliberate act on their part because that video is 10 months old and, until I disconnected my old Manhattan a couple of weeks ago I had no trouble getting Ch. 4 HD.

I’ve had a quick look and will again later but not sure I want a London slant on BBC just to get one Ch. 4 programme.

Wasn’t your old Manhattan the SD version?

Edit: I’ve just re-run the video and it used an example of how to set London as the region by post code. You can set whatever region by postcode you require without affecting the Ch4 HD setting which doesn’t have regional prorammes. It then shows how to manually tune Ch4 if necessary.

No it can’t have been because it received all HD programmes from everyone else and, presumably, Channel 4. Only lost that when I changed over because the old one was unreliable.

Still not found time to check out your link, but I will do if as you say, Channel 4 can be tuned manually. :smiley: