So, no Govt registration until mid October?

@anon65742194 why are you writing to yourself?
and oh, btw, if you hadn’t noticed @cat has a wonderful way with words aimed at stopping people making a complete tit of themselves :wink:

2 Likes

@anon65742194

Just to clarify:

Have you applied for a CDS?

If so when?

If you applied and were refused, when exactly did this happen?

What were the EXACT reasons for the refusal to supply you with one?

I am sure we would all like to know.

2 Likes

Catherine,

Applied, several years ago, refused because the prefecture said I didn’t need one.

Do you need a sworn statement of facts?

Should I do this in front of a Notaire and would that satisfy you?

However, according to some on here we are still not able to apply for a CdS until mid-October as the French Government has deferred, once again, opening the web site to enable us to apply for what is our right!

Unless you have more precise information Catherine?

Grahame Pigney

P Help save paper - please don’t print this email unless you really need to.
P Sauvegardons la planète. Avez-vous vraiment besoin d’imprimer cet e-mail?

Grahame, until the 31st of January this year us Brits didn’t need a CdS but many did obtain one via their Prefectures.

You and your family had the chance to apply for one last year but I understand you chose not to whatever reason yet if you had you wouldn’t now be stamping your feet.

Lastly, if you really believe the French government is going to deny our legal rights then you need your bumps felt.

3 Likes

Catherine,

Applied, several years ago, refused because the prefecture said I didn’t need one.

When exactly? And no you didn’t. Nothing to do with the prefecture ‘saying’ anything. You did not require one . End of.

Do you need a sworn statement of facts?
No, but some clarity would be helpful.

Should I do this in front of a Notaire and would that satisfy you?
Again, no, sounding a bit agressive?

However, according to some on here we are still not able to apply for a CdS until mid-October as the French Government has deferred, once again, opening the web site to enable us to apply for what is our right!
Yup, that is correct . No ‘rights’ currently thanks to Brexshit / Covid

Unless you have more precise information Catherine?
If you could be arsed to at least spell my name correctly I might be more inclined to take your rantings seriously. As it is…

@anon65742194 never learns does he. IIRC @cat told him the correct spelling of her Christian name but he still persists in misspelling it :roll_eyes:

It’s a detail but makes people look un professional. And stupid.

And just as likely the UK govt intending to dishonour international treaties.

1 Like

Catherine,

Let’s simplify this.

I will attest to the facts of the history of what we have done to obtain a CdS UE Permanent in front of a Notaire/Advocat of your choice and at your expense.

Or you can accept that I am an honest person and what I am saying about my situation is the truth.

It is your choice.

Grahame Pigney

You could accept that @cat knows how to spell her name

3 Likes

Graham,

Such an essential contribution to the discussion.

Perhaps you would like to make a more substantial contribution, or not?

Sniping from the side-lines seems to be some sort of skill on this forum.

I look forward to Catherine, taking me up on my offer to attest to the facts in front of a notaire/advocat of Catherine’s choice.

All good fun.

Best, Grahame.

Grahame Pigney

Some people will never learn. Is it arrogance or just plain stupidity or maybe just taking the piss?

@anon65742194

Just a quiet word…

I think it is rude to continually spell someone’s name incorrectly once it has been pointed out. It comes across as being both arrogant and ignorant.

If you want to be taken seriously do the decent thing.

Oh and when you get another chance to apply for a CdS soon - perhaps do it, and not let another opportunity slip away as per last summer when most of us applied.

4 Likes

When the préfecture said he didn’t need a CdS they were correct. However they were wrong in denying him a CdS just as they were wrong denying one to me when I asked for a replacement fir the one I lost in 2006. The EU Freedom of Movement Directive states that you should be given a residence document if you request one.

1 Like

but only if you qualify… surely :thinking:

Mat,

Perhaps you can tell me whose name I have inadvertently been spelling incorrectly all this time, more than happy to make my apologies so as not to be “arrogant and ignorant”

I’ve been trying to apply for a CdS UE Permanent for years and the French authorities have been refusing to accept the application – not necessary, rules have changed, they need to decide what is happening because of Brexit, they need to decide what is happening because of the extension and now they are apparently (not that anybody on here has offered any proof) deferring the applications once again.

Perhaps you would like to help Catherine fund a meeting with a Notaire/Advocat so that I can attest to all this?

Best, Grahame.

Grahame Pigney

It was a 10 year permanent CdS that I lost along with my wallet & other bits & pieces when my sac banane was lifted on Cannes railway station. The CdS wasn’t due to expire for another six years so I qualified for one. A blanket refusal to issue a CdS to any EU citizen was unlawful.

unbelievable
here it is again…

1 Like

Perhaps he spelt his name wrong when applying…?

Just a thought!

When we got ours we were told not to lose the piece of paper that came with it as it had all the information that we would need if we lost it. Do you have the same?

You already have a CdS so there is nothing unlawful here that I can see. You already have everything you need to prove your entitlement.