So what does everyone think? Lockdown ahead?

I hope there won’t be, but until vaccination has an effect I think it we will be in and out of lockdowns for some time.
We are into this a year now and things don’t seem to be getting any better.

2021 is going to be a right-off, even with vaccination it’s going to take a year or so before the effects are felt (according to one immunologist)

How are deaths counted in France as a matter of interest?
We know that in the UK a death with Covid as the cause applies to anyone who has been diagnosed with Covid within 28 days. This includes people who get knocked down by a bus, etc etc.
What criteria does France use to calculate deaths?

Not sure about France - but in the UK the headline covid deaths figures (people dying with a positive covid test result) is generally a lot lower than the ONS figure (people with covid on their death certificate) - the cumulative difference can be as high as 15-20,000. Presumably, although as you point out some people with a positive covid test might have some other cause of death, it is far more common for people to die of covid without ever having had a test.

Thank you.
However, we still cannot compare death rates with other countries without understanding how deaths are attributed to Covid.

@Annej2003
Here if you die of something (unless it was actually because someone dropped a piano on you and broadcast it live), it is ascribed to covid.

That’s perhaps a little unfair to the professionalism of coroners?

Slightly flippant :wink:

i have just tuned in toFrance24 withDrFauci.
He talks of normality arriving in fall.
It might as well rain untill september…thank you Carol King.

Yes, autumn but autumn 2022! :mask:

Not a chance things will be back to normal until next year at the earliest, if the UK variant takes hold here hospital admissions etc will explode.

So no rentals or income.
Not a cheery thought.

I expect rentals will be patchy again this year and we have already agreed no ‘back to back’ bookings with all our clients so our changeover income will be reduced but it is what it is so will just have to deal with it.

1 Like

Another lockdown :yum:

https://www.facebook.com/1027953054/posts/10222647803876934/

1 Like

Not necessarily, very possibly not Brits but all the gite owners I spoke to / read on here who rented to the French had a very good season in the end even in 2020. You perhaps just need to start advertising to the French.

yes Tory
Any ideas how i can reach the French.

I’m working at the moment - I’ll send you a private message later.

1 Like

Open the door and shout :yum: (I am joking by the way)

Thank you Tory

We’ve been with GdF, fairly crappy service from them over the years, but we changed to using their direct reservation service late 2019, which was handy as we had more bookings through them last year than ever before (only had 2 cancellations and they were for the end of October) so 2020 turned our far better than we dared to hope last March.