So who would you vote for in France

Can you actually vote in our presidential elections, Lee? (I mean, have you taken French nationality?).

The people who like her really don’t see her as a fascist, because she isn’t quite - she is a xenophobe of course, which always gets you a fair amount of political support in certain quarters but she is an authoritarian and a nationalist, more like a Franco fan or Pétainist, banging on about security and order and blaming outsiders for everything. You can be a black/brown/yellow/green French person and think she is marvellous (I actually know some), however deluded and misguided and just plain wrong that seems to me.

4 Likes

I just love that post @vero - spot on!

2 Likes

No I can’t vote here nor can I vote in the UK, I am stateless in that respect.

1 Like

I don’t see her as a fascist nor is she an xenophobe, she doesn’t have a fear of foreigners (xenophobia) Le Pen welcomes people who come here legitimately with skills and who can contribute to France and accept French laws and culture, in other words people who can assimilate, she has a real concern regarding the illegal migration of muslims passing through or settling in France attempting to impose the own culture and laws and quite rightly so. Sharia law should not be allowed to operate alongside western law. Labelling people as deluded and misguided because they don’t agree with your political views is a rather bigoted view I think and I mean no disrespect by that. It was the same with the Brexit referendum, if one voted to leave they were labelled, xenophobic, racist, uneducated etc.
However, if I could vote in France I wouldn’t vote Le Pen nor would I vote for either of the other candidates. I only said I would vote Le Pen to get a reaction from a couple of other members which worked, they are easy to bait.

4 Likes

Le Pen to me comes over as really stupid. Blaming everyone who isnt French (and quite a lot who are!) for the country’s woes. It is really easy to point the finger and say if we are all just one race all our troubles will go away. Many in recent history have done the same. The trouble is as you get rid of undesirables then you have to find others, I dare say the English immigrant is on the list there somewhere, ready to be vilified and blamed. Do we wait for Muslim, Jewish, English shops to have their windows smashed before we realise we are part of Marine’s final solution?

1 Like

You have confirmed what I believed; you are a troll, no more, no less. Your posts are made to gain a reaction never to offer advice or help. Thank you for confirming it.

4 Likes

Simply I feel betrayed by Brexit.
It has caused misery for many and will continue to do so.
La Blonde is National Front…just look up the meaning.

2 Likes

Yes absolutely, Barbara, well said

HaHa here we go, I’m not a troll I just know I can always get a negative from you and another couple of your name calling bigoted gang. I do offer advice in posts and often offer my opinion in discussions, however people like you always disrespect opinions of others that don’t agree with yours by name calling etc. I have yet to read an intelligent adult reply from you.

3 Likes

It was you who said it. Now you deny it. What proof do you actually need in your world?

Yes she is National Front, fully aware of that but not the same National front her father started. She has made a lot of changes within the party expelling extremists etc, I just looked her up on Wiki.

1 Like

I’m not going to argue with you anymore bye.

“For that reason I now choose not to answer any more of your posts or indeed get involved in any further discussions.”

(@anon29800096 / 26 Jan 2017 / Discussion : Ferrari Tells Ex-Pats Group To Stop Trying To Derail Brexit - LBC)

I do so admire a bloke who sticks to his guns :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What on earth has sharia law got to do with anything? We have the code civil and that is that. Religion, of whatever sort it may be, is a private matter and we don’t allow ostentatious displays of belonging to one or another in the public sphere, which most of us think is a good thing.

If you are thinking about Muslims, specifically, remember that they are French people who happen to be Muslims and constitute 6% of the population (like Catholics in the UK) which is hardly a big deal. We should actually be asking ourselves why they are dissatisfied, why some young people think radicalisation is cool and glamorous and worth it, could it be that the 94% blame everything on their being Muslim rather than on the fact that anyone not ‘français de souche’ gets it in the neck for délit de sale gueule. Xenophobia again.

As for the UK, seen from outside, the underlying and frequently overt force driving the Brexit campaign was insularity, and again, xenophobia, especially with reference to immigration, and looked a lot like cutting off one’s nose to spite one’s face. An awful lot of the people who voted to leave, not all but many - and they were the vocal and visible element, did come across as “xenophobic, racist, uneducated etc”.

6 Likes

It is known that muslims follow islamic code over French code civil ie Shariah law. I would disagree with you regarding not allowing ostentatious display, Paris, Marseille etc, muslims take over streets and squares for prayer, blocking access, although illegal the authorities do nothing about it. Like it or not, France has a problem mainly with the younger muslims re attacks on the French people etc.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/9014/france-sharia-police

2 Likes

You really do come across as a bit of a tosser!

I’m just saying that to get a reaction😂

6 Likes

Simply …again because I do not study politics.

By all means retain with your adoration of La Blonde.

But National Front …generally is against : black, mixed race people, gay people, jews, muslims., gypies, Hindus …I imagine, foreigners in general and if you feel the same way …so be it.

I try to understand all people and if I go to a no shoes on place of worship.

I take my shoes off.

La Blonde was willing to cover her head a week ago.

expelling extremist ideas…a little light entertainment Lee.

Politicians need a deploma from Rada to get in on the act.

La Blonde was NOT willing to cover her head.