Solar energy companies

Can I enquire if anybody has had any positive or negative experience of Solar energy companies?
The posts I have read are all fairly old.
I am pretty keen on investing in a system to be installed by a licenced French company, but find it hard to decide which company is best. And indeed which one will remain solvent.
A neighbour is having real issues with an established company that have broken tiles on his new roof, on more than one occasion, while fitting the panels. After this last week of heavy rain, his roof is still leaking.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

WE have just installed solar panels - 2 weeks ago - and have been really pleased with the company that we chose from around 5 that submitted devis.
The company is Ellision Energies - they looked after the preamble declaration, the inspection from Enedis and the EDF contract. No hesitation in recommending them - based in Gard btw.

I’d be interested in hearing more. What system did you get? Did you get any of the help? How much did it cost? :grin:

Our 4.5kW system is made up as follows:
9 solar panels 500WC monocrystalline
5 Microinverters Solenso
Solenso WiFi connection and App
Plus: mounting rails, tableau, plus wiring, etc

Services provided:
Declaration preamble to approval
Conseul approval (Enedis)
EDF contract for purchase
All configuration

Total cost incl. TVA 10,260
Government Aid: Self-Consumption premium of 1,650€ after 12 months.

Main reason for going self consumption was:

1. that electricity prices rising
  2. the EDF purchase amount should(?) rise to keep some alignment with increasing prices
  3. We can switch our high usage activities (water heating, swimming pool pump, washing machine, dishwasher) during the day when max. electricity is being generated.
  4. Batteries are still very expensive.
  5. Que Choisir report: Électricité solaire - Des tarifs d’achat plus avantageux - Actualité - UFC-Que Choisir
    which basically showed why self consumption plus selling surplus was the best approach. Our payback period is approx. 8 years (probably shorter).

The last thing we have to do is to automate the timer (doing it manually at the moment) - and I’m looking @Badger 's option for this.

Hope all this information helps.

1 Like

I have self consumption with sale of excess, and I’m pretty sure the purchase price won’t rise. What is your purchase price per kWh ?, mine is €0.10

We have a power diverter that senses when there is excess power is going to the grid, and sends it to the hot water. Doing this, we only need to purchase power for the hot water during winter, and then only occasionally. The two caveats to this is that your hot water consumption may be greater than ours, and you CE must be a purely resistive load … as most basic CEs are.

I am considering putting in a 6kw system, I have had a quote for approx 12k€ - I am hoping it can partially offset some of our heat pump costs and am interested in power diverters etc to prioritise hot water over feeding back,

Shouldn’t be any need for the pool pump to be a high usage piece of equipment. Done with economy in mind it should become one of the lowest consumption items along with the power consumption of lighting.

The purchase price as I understand it gets set every quarter - the current price is 0.13€.
I am looking at the 4-Noks equipment at the moment and have also asked the installers to look at similar solutions.

That’s what I have. I have an Elios4you and a Power Reducer for the hot water. I’ve never had any issues with it, but the software app that interfaces with the unit is not the best. Some features don’t work, and kt looks like it hasn’t been updated since 2017. I know @Badger uses something different, and it would be worth asking him about his experiences.