Some translation help needed

Some translation help needed We need to hire a JCB type 2.5 ton excavator digger.

Just wondered what the French translation for this would be.

mini pelle?

Mini-pelle if it’s the type on tracks, tracto-pelle if it’s tractor based :wink:

Or even a pelleteuse mini or maxi

Just a shovel. Confusing, isn’t it?
But it can be quite costly delivering a digger to your site, so if you see someone working locally or know a farmer who has one, you might be able to negotiate a mutually advantageous deal.