Song for Dominic Cummings

Careful Mat, folks will be wondering where you got your education! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I think this is quite fitting!

4 Likes

Dominic Cummings is to be launched into space. Will you be able to see him?

Hi Graham,

as the author and principal of the Leave EU I cannot understand his reasons for taking that course. And I thin you would not find any of his political supporters on a forum such as this. Hint is the name! My rational in this thread is that I listened to his explanation that his actions were motivated by concerns about his family not “I can get away with whatever I want” . The police were and are not interested. To sum up he is being hounded for his views on the EU and the fact that he works for a Tory government. Some of our friends in France are also anti EU but I do not think persecuting them would make the world a better place.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers

Malcolm

1 Like

And there is the difference I simply do not believe his reasons, I think he is saying what he believes he can get away with as justification for his trip - there are simply too many coincidences.

1 Like

Thanks for your response.
But in answer to your question… there are surprisingly some people on this forum who voted for Brexit:

Eddie, Most amusing, Fortunately I do not need you to proclaim what I do or do not understand, and the lesson on tenuous opinions is just the icing on the cake.

Thanks

Malcolm

seems obvious to me that some folk have nothing better than to toss the bone back and forth…

waste of my time reading this lot now…

byee

2 Likes

Your welcome

Malcolm chooses to disregard the outing to Barnard Castle, and it is therefore pointless I believe to discuss the matter further with him. I think we should agree to disagree.

2 Likes

If we all believed the same things there would be nothing of interest in discussion. I cannot believe that a man of obvious intellect and integrity would make up a false narrative and go through with it just to annoy the pro EU faction and provide ammunition for the opposition. But I may be wrong? Just I need proper proof.

Your juvenile comments are enlightening , I agree your comments are pointless and look forward to continuing with people who can contribute and not flounce off.

Interesting, thanks, I found 3 people who fit the description in the thread (3 more than I thought) before I gave up sifting through the masses of people of a like mind as me who disagree with the thought of leaving the EU. But they could not read the heading and were determined to berate and shout down the people who had correctly given their reasons for being anti EU. So there is no point in me joining in that thead.

Please don’t post such personal accusations again. It breaches our T&C. Thanks.

2 Likes

By which I think I understand that you would prefer the UK to be staying in the EU which, as a French resident, would make perfect sense. I hope I have that right.

Ooops

I am not a resident but I have owned a house in France for 35 years. My wife has recently become British because of her fears of persecution of those not living in in their country of origin, this expensive and arduous has be undertaken because of her fear of people who do not want her to have a normal life. Th EU gave her a sense of security and made owning our second home and visits to Germany much easier. I fail to see the reason for the attacks on my position on DC.

Help, do not understand. I just made comments on a thread that was suggested to me and said that as the vast majority of posts were not relevant and I would not join in .

I’m inclined to “mix it” myself on full-blooded topics like this where the dividing line that assailants have to toe is very sharply drawn.

Not this time, but I’ve followed the ding-dong with interest.

The complexities of your personal life, hinted at in your recent post from which I quote (we all share such complexities) do cast light on the possible basis of your opinion of Cummings.

We don’t know and don’t need to know any more about you to realise that your views deserve respect, and come from an unquestionably moral position.

It’s a pity you feel under attack, and be assured everyone wants to be friendly, but we live in anxious times, and it often finds expression in our words.

Thanks

Malcolm

Concerns about his family? The stay home and self isolate if you have COVID-19 symptoms Instructions were given to protect everyone including the Cummings family. They were not intended to be ignored when a road trip was so easy to arrange. It is narcissistic behaviour, no more, no less. Shame on him and people who try to defend the indefensible. I’m not surprised that the police don’t want to take action but I’m sure that the London residents who have been fined for being in Durham during the lockdown would probably like their money back.

3 Likes