SpaceX Launching Tonight Cancelled - Maybe Saturday?

Hello All, I will be following this tonight. It will launch at exactly 22h33 French time and will be meeting the International Space Station. Exciting!
Izzy x

1 Like

Bizarrely Izzy I have just messaged my WhatsApp walking group about this ,we should be able to see them both pass over about 25 minutes apart

2 Likes

Hi Eddie, I’m hoping the sky will be clear enough to see it tonight. It’s looking good at the moment and it will not be quite dark so should get a good view.
Izzy x

2 Likes

That’s my plan for tonight. ISS spotting is one of my hobbies

2 Likes

The last few nights have been perfect for viewing🌌
Sunday night we also saw another ? much higher/smaller moving about the same speed, but traveling in the opposite direction :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

I recall a pal who played a major part in a NASA project … a lifetime ago now…
He was very miffed when his boss got all the praise and glory…

But you love what you do … you’re not doing it for money/glory/whatever… surely. :roll_eyes:

No, indeed… but it’s still galling… :zipper_mouth_face:

He obviously took the lesson to heart because in later life, when he was in a position of “power” over up-and-coming youngsters… he did ensure that they enjoyed the limelight…

and when I remarked on it one time he just mumbled…
Mustn’t let them get big-headed… a little limelight is OK… but not too much, too soon. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I have a very special memory of standing in a camping field in Gloucestershire watching the ISS ,a few more of the campers had joined us when there was a really loud whoosh and there was a massive shooting star all green and purple It was absolutely stunning

2 Likes

Hey Eddie,
A memory of a festival was it?
We scanned the skies with rainbow eyes and saw shooting stars & machines of every shape and size.
We talked with tall Venusians passing through.
And @Peter_Goble tried to climb aboard but the Captain shook his head
And away they soared,
Climbing through the ivory vibrant cloud.
Someone passed some bliss among the crowd.
And we walked back to the road, unchained.

“The Sun Machine is coming down, and we’re gonna have a party.”

Some of the folkies cigarettes do smell a bit dodgy at times,but my drugs of choice are alcohol and caffeine

The launch has been aborted due to bad weather,the next date is Saturday

Yes Eddie I saw that, must be such a let down for the astronauts. Ah well, Saturday it is then.
Izzy x

It’s on at the moment. Tonight at 20:22 UK time or 21H22 French time.

Maybe using the wrong power unit?

Managed to catch the ISS flying overhead last night, with Dragon docked :grinning:

Wonderful view of the ISS half an hour ago, it was visible for 5 minutes in a beautiful clear sky, I was out there watching the bats hunting and waiting for it to appear. Lovely.

1 Like

I won’t get an evening view until July up in NW England now. I am going to try and see the Starlink satellites at some point

I saw them oh about a month ago maybe, very unreal looking, somehow. They looked like a special effect from the space films I loved when I was small (and still do).

1 Like