Speed Camera Controls in France

It is usually the cantonnier.

auto doc have them for 72 Euros. Conti TL.

yes they have a use by date. How many people replace their first aid kit in the car, again only 5 years due to the sterility of the bandages.?

I think Sue meant that if you had used the foam in the tyre, the tyre would need replacing

2 Likes

Yup misread it, thanks.

1 Like

@Mark I thought it was more to do with the tyre people trying to dissuade people from using their own repair kits rather than come to them. Also, because the mousse leaves a horrible mess to work with.

But that is only a surmise. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think you’re probably right

New high-tech radar cameras can identify 15 driving offences

Can’t find another source of info except here in The Connexion

You need to have an account & log-in. Here are the basic details

High-tech radar cameras in France are now able to check drivers for at total of 15 offences – and much more than just speeding.

This comes after a change this July in the Code de la route which added to the list with elements such as checking that a car is not pulling a trailer which is too heavy for the vehicle, or checking for people driving on the wrong side of the road.

Although not all radars can check for all offences – offences such as vehicle combinations being overweight can only be captured by the newest technology – reaction towards the trend to add more and more elements that cameras can capture has been mixed.

Some say this will improve road safety and reduce the likelihood of accidents while others see it as too invasive.

What are the latest rules?

Alongside checking for speeding offences, there are 14 other laws for which radars are currently allowed to check.

The list below covers 15 offences radars can generate penalties for:

• If the driver and / or passengers are not wearing seatbelts
  • If the driver is using a mobile phone
  • If the vehicle is using a lane or carriageway reserved for other vehicles (e.g. a car with one person inside using a carpooling lane)
  • If the vehicle is driving on the hard shoulder
  • If the vehicle is not observing a safe distance from other vehicles
  • If the vehicle crosses solid lines on the ground (which indicate they cannot be driven over)
  • If the vehicle crosses a red light / any stop signs
  • If the vehicle exceeds a speed limit
  • If the vehicle overtakes another one illegally
  • If the vehicle illegally enters an intersection or the space between two stop lines
  • If the driver of a motorcycle is not wearing a helmet
  • If the vehicle is breaking noise pollution levels
  • If the vehicle is breaking weight restrictions
  • If the vehicle does not have valid insurance
  • If the vehicle is driving at a normal speed along the wrong side of the road (ie. not while legitimately overtaking)

No single radar camera deployed in France is currently capable of checking all the 15 offences above – multiple machines would need to be used to do this.

2 Likes

Here is what was reported in French press recently

12ft ladder does the trick.

Just another way of saying things
 (if you want to play with your translation skills) :wink:

https://www.radars-auto.com/actualite/actu-radars-general/de-grosses-evolutions-annoncees-pour-les-radars-automatiques-en-2024-1841

Or a cordless angle grinder works as well as happened in La Brousse on the D951 over the weekend.

3 Likes

How dreadful, Rocam

Hmmm, I wasn’t advising what to do with the camera itself, just the article :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Number 5 on the list should earn the government millions :blush:

Could be neck & neck with the second one

1 Like

Just related the above to the aide, Gill and we both agreed the justification for all of those but she then told me of a case she didn’t agree with.

I find it hard to believe, but she said that a driver was stopped purely on a whim or suspicion of a gendarme and, without a breath test, was arrested and later convicted purely on the gendarme’s suspicion. Now, I know that this person may have been weaving all over the road, but is this credible without a test?

Not really.

That’s what I thought, but this is Gill, and I have learned which buttons not to press in that quarter. :wink: :rofl:

Interesting for those of us with RHD cars.

A colleague was stopped for this very reason and had to gently point out that he had no steering wheel on his side of the car.