Spotify here and there

Your looking for the icon below, that is play store, it’s where you download the apps from in android.
download

OK, I have found and selected that, loads and loads of stuff (why aren’t they in alphabetical order?) with no success but then I did find this. Spotilitious: Spotify Filters which it invites me to install.

It says about itself ‘Filter your own Spotify liked music to create customised playlists’

What do you think? :thinking:

A lot of apps have add-ons created for them, like that one, but it’s not the app itself.

Looks like your tablet is too old for Spotify if when you search you can’t find it.

Did you use the search bar ar the top of the play store, or just scroll through all the apps shown on the front page ? Just enter spotify in the search bar, and it will find it.

Yes I did, but I didn’t remember doing so so just tried again now. Nothing apart from the thing I mentioned before.

Looks like, as I suspected. too old.

But if I could have got it, doesn’t mean that I could set it, like the Karcher, to shut off after an hour, does it?

On music apps I’ve seen Tidal mentioned a few times by people keen on music in the past few weeks while I’ve been researching my new speaker.

Not tried it yet, downloaded it ready though, have any of you used it?

I use it a lot and like it. I don’t think the user interface and music predictions are as good as Spotify’s but I like the sound quality.
I signed up via VPN through Argentina and it’s as cheap as chips.

1 Like

The Spotify mobile app has a sleep timer, so yes you could.

Yes, I’ve been using it for a couple of years.

Very occasionally, in quieter passages of classical music, there will be a nasty digital glitching noise - briefly - and, as John says, the interface is poor (though has improved greatly in the latest version: much faster, and better search).

I like the “My Mix” and"related artists radio" functions.

Whether it suits you will depend on the sort of music you listen to, I think.

1 Like

Interesting, I wonder why they don’t allow it on the desktop version then. And also why they did not mention that when I spoke to them saying that was exactly what I wanted. :thinking:

Why not put your music onto your phone and then use a free simple audio app, like Aimp to play your music. I have been playing music with this app for years. If you don’t have much storage on your phone buy an SD card, cheaper than a monthly subscription.

No phone, not a smart one anyway. :wink:

On what medium are you listening to your music ? I was presuming that you have a digital library of music. Even Youtube with a reliable Adblocker is better than paying a company forever.

The YT compression takes away a lot of the music, a quick comparison between a flac file and YT shows how much you are missing.

The music I listen to, apart from the radio during the day is a Karcher intenet radio which I set for an hours sleeptimer when I go to bed.

Music specific to me, which I have on Spotify even though I ended the relationship 18 months ago, never. It was that which I had hoped to play me to sleep at night but, for the time being, normal music radio on the Karcher will have to do. It is fine but, of course I can choose the genre, but not the actual tunes.

I did, briefly, have a Roberts internet radio but sent it back because it was not easy to set up and did not work correctly when it was. In theory that could connect directly to Spotify but I never had the chance to find out.

As it seems that soon I will have my choice of music playing me to sleep I was on the point of re-connecting to my Spotify account when into my email inbox came an offer from Amazon Music.

3 months free trial before morphing into £10.99 / month which I assume is without ads.

Does anyone have an opinion on this, Amazon Music or Spotify, before I take the plunge? It is not urgent, I still have my Karcher but just wondering.

BTW, I thought I had edited the spelling mistake in the title of this thread, but see that I haven’t. Does anyone know how to correct ‘elswhere’ to elsewhere’ please? It offends me mainly because it was my error. :roll_eyes: :smiley:

Click on your post, at the bottom is a pencil, click on that and edit your topic title, click on save after that, or go up to the top post and click on the pencil next to the topic title.

There’s 2 music-related offerings available - at that price it must be the “unlimited” option. I pay for Amazon Prime which is €70 p/year or €7 p/month, which includes the following options versus the more expensive “Amazon Music Unlimited” offering:

Click on your post, at the bottom is a pencil, click on that and edit your topic title, click on save after that, or go up to the top post and click on the pencil next to the topic title.

I use the pencil to edit almost all my posts because I write so quickly and then go back to proof read, so I know that method works. But, although I have clicked on the pencil attached to the title, and think I have corrected it, it remains the same. :roll_eyes:

As to the music, thanks to both you and @Gareth and it seems there is little to choose between the 2. I suspect that I suspended my trial with Spotify, though am surprised that I can still see and play my playlist on the computer. Perhaps the suspension means I can’t add to it. So if I go back there I suppose eventually, or maybe immediately, they will askf for £10.99, the same as Amazon but after 3 months with the latter.

Maybe the best thing to do is try Amazon for a while seeing as I already know how good Spotify is, and then decide.

Off up top again to make another attempt on that irritating title. :wink:

Nope, won’t budge, looks like I will have to remain illiterate. :slightly_frowning_face: