Spring Photos

As we are in Spring Now :smiley: Nice walk today to the Megaliths at St Just (35).

2 Likes

I was over on the coast today. Very Springlike.

2 Likes

First time I went from Royan to the UK, 71, was at this time, end of Feb, the weather was surprisingly good, if a bit chilly :wink:

As you can see the sailing schools were out in force.

Last week Gruissan (11)

2 Likes

Lovely day Simon :+1:

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful - not very warm, but hardly any wind (unusual for there) and got a good vitamin D fix and tan!!

1 Like

Been around there a couple of times with boat Simon :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

In fact, it was while sitting on cafe terrace, in Collioure, in January, I thought, I want to live in France one day :slightly_smiling_face:

Lovely place Bill (out of season!) -completely understand that feeling :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had met a French couple from Toulouse in Majorca, we went on with the boats, to Corsica and Sardinia in company they invited me to their place, He worked for Airbus, She was an AIDS researcher, they picked me up near Beziers on the Midi, had a great time, visit to Airbus, Albi, Pau, Dune de Pilar, Pyrénées, wonderful couple, (all ‘out of season’ Simon). Then continued through the Midi, stopping at Toulouse to stay with them again and on to Scotland and Home after a great cruise in the Med via Gib outward bound!

2 Likes

Spring daffs including a Humming Bird Hawk Moth in my garden :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have wasted hours trying to get a good photograph of them but have never succeeded. A couple of weeks ago I saw a video that someone had taken of a hummingbird hawk moth and thought, why didn’t I think of that?

1 Like

Blimey He’s early Ann, we get loads of them on the lavender, here in SE 56, but a few months on yet :slightly_smiling_face:

In the summertime my garden is full of these and the Broad bordered bee hawkmoth, all after my Buddleias :slight_smile:
Love the birds and butterflies we are lucky to get here. I remember one evening a visit from a Giant Peacock Moth, now that was spectacular !

1 Like

Very early Bill, in fact I saw one a couple of weeks ago flitting round my crocus but by the time I found my camera he had moved on ! :butterfly:

1 Like

I’m green with envy … what can I boast of… greenfly on the middle landing and snails trying to get inside the front door… :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

:laughing:

Would you like some recipes for the snails Stella ? :innocent: :rofl:

1 Like

I would, love eating them, not sure about the prep’ though :thinking: