Starting a page on your favorite restaurants in France

I have added a page for your favorite restaurants in France (separated by region on the page. I started this based on a suggestion by one of the Food Lovers in France members and the good discussion we had on our favorite restaurants.

I will add your restaurant that you mentioned in your discussion. If you have any other suggestions, including links, pass them to me (Mary Brighton) or thru a comment on the page-and I will add them.

Please be as specific as you can for location and name.

Thanks !

Le Prieure Madiran

Under new management outstanding cooking with a very modern menu that comes away from the local traditions of most menus in the area.As a chef working aloneside Albert Roux and his team I feel I do know what I am talking about the meal we had was just perfect in all things service was a little slow but for us that was not a problem we ate outside on the down side to that other custmers did smoke but they did ask us if we minded and as we were almost done we did not.My pudding was probily the best chocolate fondant I have ever eaten my wife had cheese and to her surprise and delight she got a selection,not just the local brebis with cherry jam(Not that there is anything wrong with this)but i think 4 types of cheese a first for us in the many restaurants we have tried in the area..If in the area please try it would love to know if others agree

Tarn et Garonne(82)

La Table des 3 Chevaliers
Place des Cornières
82 110 Lauzerte

L'Auberge de Miramont de Quercy in .......... 82190 Miramont de Quercy!!

Both excellent food and fantastic locations

Saone-et-Loire (71)
MAZILLE - ESTAMINET
This restaurant has become deservedly popular for its intelligent and interesting use of non- expensive ingredients and it’s welcoming atmosphere. They actually change their dinner menu each month! The food is very good value for monday and they have an interesting wine list. At the moment lunch is 15 euros and dinner 25. Heartily recommended.

OZENAY - THE RELAIS D’OZENAY
This restaurant is near Tournus. The chef has a very light hand and the seven hour cooked shoulder of lamb is superb! There is a very pleasant terrace at the rear and the service is skilled and friendly. The wine list is excellent. Another place giving value for money, although more expensive than Estaminet.