Stephen Hawking, modern cosmology's brightest star, dies aged 76

Terribly sad - a truly amazing man and an amazing life. I hope he gets to play amongst his stars for eternity.

2 Likes

What a great human being. He is one who really will be missed. RIP

1 Like

Clever couragous man, lasted a lot longer than predicted :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

An inspiration…I’ve never managed to finish reading a brief history of time, perhaps I should give it another go in his honour…

1 Like

James beat me to the sad announce of Stephen Hawkings passing.a remarquable person could i call him a genius the word would not be too much.Now he is somewhere with other geniuses.Will always remember and admire him RIP

1 Like

Very sad to wake up to this news this morning. A true genius and an example of overcoming the odds. Amazing man. RIP.

3 Likes

This is on Twitter today, by Mitchell Toy. So beautiful and moving. No words needed.

2 Likes

It’s only on reading all the blurb today… that I understand how he lasted so long. I had always assumed it was because he could afford certain medical stuff (or whatever) but, it was due to a rare form of the disease that only progressed slowly…

I’m glad he was able to die at home, surrounded by his family. That means a lot in my view. :hugs:

Very moving…

Professor Brian Cox’s Beautiful Tribute To Stephen Hawking

Shared from my Google feed

1 Like

Thanks for posting that Simon, I was waiting to hear what Brian had to say.

1 Like