Sterling plummeting

[plunged into depression]

£ lowest for 37 years (against the dollar) Ces’t la vie…

Trussanomics indeed!

instead of suggesting the UK economy has been trashed… it will soon be reported that it has been trussed :rofl:

and some folk will possibly simply think it’s a spelling mistake… :rofl: :wink:

1 Like

Since the last time there was a very right-wing Tory government. Brits, eh ? They never learn !

3 Likes

Toss0nomics

1 Like

My plan was to watch the exchange rate ahead of the mini-budget and interest rate decision tomorrow, and do a transfer around now - currencies always rise on expectation of higher interest rates - but it looks like the market is so skeptical about the Truss-onomics side that even a relatively massive hike in UK interest rates is not going to impress them…
Any thoughts?

The MPC meet today (Thursday)

and here’s how it’s panned out on the day so far … I got 1.1472 on the first spike at 10ish. Have kept a few hundred powder dry for any follow up action.

well, that worked :roll_eyes:

Headline says it all

1 Like

Wish I’d transferred after the interest rate hike but before the mini-budget - graph below shows the last week - now down near 1.13€…

Time to change some $:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

Too late!
well done kwazimodo GBP down at 17:00 CET against every major currency after your budget statement. Should have stuck to swinging from the rafters calling “sanctuary”…

I assumed @letsmile was transferring from USD to GBP not the other way round… Could very well be wrong though.

1 Like

That would make sense…

Indeed, $ to £ :grin: would be crazy transferring the other way right now - the tide will turn :+1:

1 Like

As said before, it’s always a cycle - same with stocks - buy when others fear, then hold with patience. The casualties will be those businesses with poor fundamentals sitting on significant debt! Patience not panic is the name of the game :+1:

1 Like

£ still falling fast against € - 1.12€ here we come…
Lowest point since the implementation of the brexit ‘deal’ at the start of 2021.