Street names

Actually quite common throughout France as a place name.

Brul Cul
Branlequeue

Just 2 of the place names in our commune.

Spanker Lane, Belper, Derbyshire

Had my honeymoon in Piddletrenthide back in 1976. Lovely little village.

Oops!

I’ve actually been to this place, and the nearby Green Tye.

And I was christened in Natland Church

The lane at the bottom of our road is called.

Chemin du Rat.

And an old favourite…

We used to live in Spondon Derby where there was a Lousie Graves Lane that was sanitised to Louise Greaves Lane. There was a leper colony there.

Hi again Roger, how’s things ?

How do you think Wayne is doing ?

Famously Grape Lane in Whitby was sanitised from Grope Lane - itself a toned-down version of the former Gropec*nt Lane. It was near the docks and was essentially the red light district - except I don’t think they really bothered with lights hence groping around.

On the way to Bergerac there is a hamlet / farm called Tue femmes and next door is Chante Alouette, I always wonder if there is any link, maybe they killed some women and then went u the road to sing :rofl:

1 Like

Gloucester

I’d not heard of that one and I lived there as a kid.

Used to love going to Gloucester, lovely cathedral.

That’s about all it’s got going for it these days :rofl::rofl:

Really Alex, what’s the problem ?

Drugs, gang violence, peripheral urbanisation, removal of green belt between Cheltenham and Gloucester, just one big urban sprawl nowadays. As a city centre, it is pretty dire, despite the traffic calming and pedestrianisation.

I’ll second that, Alex.

The only street I know about with that name is in Evesham, Peter. Whereabouts in Gloucester is it? (Just curious…)

That’s sad to hear, I used to go occasionally for the rugby but way back in the 70s and 80 s.