Street names

Just been thinking back of some of the weirdest street/ road names I’ve encountered. At the risk of being banned for twelve months I’ve put one English and one French.
This one in St Junien (87) I used to walk along most days.

This one from Great Yarmouth, no photo downloadable unfortunately. It’s called ,

LAUGHING IMAGE CORNER

3 Likes

2 Likes

I’ve deleted the photograph, but there’s a small street in Mondeville, Caen, near the Campanile Hotel, called L’Impasse de l’Europe. Fitting.

I lived near here when I was young and also have a cousin with the family name Prat…he changed it.

I used to have to thru’ Anerley to get to friends who lived in Elmer’s End

Dick place in Edinburgh, Lovers Loan in Dollar and I have friends who live in Crotch Crescent in Oxford.

On the outskirts of Bristol

South of Bristol, a name I particularly like, typical west country

Given my name I was quite tickled to find that I have been honoured in Leicester.
Imgur

I was less pleased when I realised I was considered a bit of a dead end…

1 Like

Unlike the gin-and-Jag lot up in Surrey who changed the name of Pisslake to Peaselake, the yeomen of Dorset are happpy with the original Saxon

Some pretty strange LD names as well round here:
Not sure I would want to live in a house called La Femme Morte.

Meanwhile in Worcestershire (curtsey of Google Maps) they even point the way to a Piddle

1 Like

Thanks Paul.

and there are Twatts in Scotland :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Two from God’s county

1 Like

Hornyold Road, Malvern.

Scratchy Bottom - imagine giving this address to officials. :joy:

No photo but there is a much maligned sign over the Charente border between Nontron and Angouleme. Ars.

We’ve got an Ars just north of Aubusson

I do so hope that this is a real street name where Yorkshire Police are:

5 Likes

Seems that it is