STRENGTH OF THE POUND, or the very weak Euro

Not wishing to sound perverse but I think french property prices need to "collapse" even more to bring them to a realistic level. Unfortunate if ones capital is tied up in €s but which ever way any currency moves there are winners and losers.

I do not think Simon was gloating just making valid points. I am not sure if it will get to 1.40 but who knows for sure. If the BOE do raise rates before the end of the year that would obviously increase the move to a higher figure. The whole Greece saga is a downer for the € in general. I think said saga has quite some way to run yet and not for just another 4 months.

sorry to say i am not gloating, sorry if it came across that way.

but it does remind me of the 80's and early 2000's when people bought houses in the Uk at much inflated prices and now are struggling to make the payments.

The grass is never greener on the other side, all it takes is perseverance to work your way through the bad times.

at least with a strong pound there should be more English tourists coming over to France, could for the French economy. but as usual most will go to paris and forget about the rural economy.

Simon, are you gloating because you are stopping in france, i do not think it is very good news for people who have no choice but to go back and are finding this very stressful due to the collapse in property prices here in france.