Subtitles, and their reason for being

This surely can’t be the case in foreign language films that have subtitles in English, but not when the dialogue switches to English.
Anyway, just for the hell of it, I posed the question on the link you quoted but don’t expect a response, and indeed they say as much once you have made your point. Might be better to say that before you waste your time though.
I do watch some French films with French subs, but many on Netflix France only offer French and I did contact them about that once. The reply was that it doesn’t happen, all French films are available with English subs. :astonished: :rofl:

1 Like

I get the same problems with Amazon.FR. it is maddening because the subs are obviously available in your language, but because of copyright laws certain variations of a language are not available. Might be time to dump subscriptions and go back to kodi.

I hesitate to ask, because I probably won’t understand, but, what is kodi?
Just Googled, looks like a frying pan and fire situation which you don’t realise till you’ve signed up to something. :roll_eyes: :grinning:
A bit like Netflix then. :rofl:

Its a media player, you can download your movie/series, then download your subs from one of the sites mentioned here https://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/download-movie-subtitles-for-free/ I use YIFY movies , kodi will then combine them.

David, with your love hate relationship with all things electronic, I would leave Kodi well alone :wink::yum::smiley::laughing:

2 Likes

You beat me to the punch. :rofl: I was just looking at @digitracker’s link and could feel another fainting spell coming on.

Even though it is raining, I think I’ll take the dogs for a walk. That should reset the computer between my ears. :joy:

2 Likes

Ahhh, that’s better, barely got damp. :joy:

2 Likes