Sudafed Alternatives?

I have looked for it but no sign, hence wondering. Just got so much medical stuff to resolve that the more I can do myself through pharmacie, the better. I am not a junkie or anything, don’t worry about that.

Sounds like you have been through the mill and round the other side… :crazy_face:

I’ve been to the wrong hospital just recently… fortunately it was on a “trial run” to check out the parking arrangements etc… so nothing lost… but I felt a bit of a fool all the same. On the correct day I went to the correct hospital… phew… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Seriously, the pharmacists are so helpful… I’m sure they will find you something… :relaxed:

Yeah, they tend to be happy and helpful people, which is nice. They don’t mind me sticking my tongue out at them.

1 Like

There were issues in the US about people who had taken Pseudoephdrine dying suddenly which caused caution ,naturally ,if I remember correctly it was put down to it being people with undiagnosed hypertension taking it. That could be why it was possibly taken off the French market

Right, good point, I will keep that in mind and speak with the doctor as I have a heartbeat issue.

2 Likes

Humex is prescription free. I bought some last week over the counter from one of my local pharmacies.

1 Like

It is a great product, only thing that keeps me from getting dreadfully painful ears while flying. My son, who lives in the U.K. posts me some if I run out, so perhaps a friend or family member can help?

I have not found an alternative in France as yet…

1 Like

PS understand you cannot take it if taking blood pressure tablets as it can stop them working?

Hi,

There’s a thought, getting it posted out. That’s why I love this site, people come up with ideas that I don’t think of.
I’m not on blood pressure tablets but after someone mentioned hypertension, I thought I might check with the doctor before I take any.

1 Like

Good Afternoon,
If you can get somebody to go to Home Bargains in the UK you can buy Galpharm blocked nose relief for 0.99p 15 ml it is just as good as Sudafed and transfer the liquid into a Sudafed bottle as Galpharm comes in a plastic bottle.
You can also get it on eBay.
All The Best

Hubby suffers with his sinuses After the supply of Sudafed ran out many years ago we were recommended Sinuspax by the chemist here, they’re herbal and hubby reckons they’re loads better than Sudafed.

Essential you go see your MT.
Lung issues may well be heart associated and such conditions may be on the 100% list so you will not pay for prescriptions.
Only your MT can complete the necessary forms to enable this.
Don’t self medicate. You could end up worsening hidden conditions such as kidney and liver functions from which you could go down hill fast and subtly without realising it… These conditions can only be found by blood test observations and you need your MT to prescribe them.
I speak from experience!
Besides all that, a very brief read on the principle ingredient discloses that it is banned in France because it can be used in the manufacture of amphetamines!
There is also a reference you should read about possible effects undesirable:

Amongst which are listed palpitations, tachycardie, retention urinaire, AVC (stroke!!) to name just a few.

Hi

Thankfully the missing appointment with lung man has surfaced, it is at the clinic tomorrow. So no worries.

I agree with you, it has taken so long with carte vitale issues and getting appointments that was worried about new fluid on lungs, hence sudafed, but tomorrow I will get the proper treatment and advice, yay!

1 Like

Best of luck with your RDV.

1 Like

Thanks, I will be relieved to get answers and solutions.

Just order it from amazon.co.uk

Strangely enough, the sellers I tried on Amazon last week were willing to ship to France where a lot refused last year because of new laws, but I have just had my lung assessment and been put on a very effective course of treatment, no lingering fluid already. I feel much more positive now.
Thanks.

3 Likes

Marvellous - so pleased for you.

1 Like

Hi Stella - just seen this and had a laugh at your expense. Have a laugh at mine. I needed appointments for two separate moans so trotted along to the hospital secretariats. The first (for cataracts) said nothing doing until 2023. The second was for an endoscopy. When asked why I wanted one I trotted out what I said to the other secretary. My eyes are watering all the time. I can’t see as well as I did etc., etc.,!!! OH nudged me and hissed 'wrong ailment"

3 Likes