Suivi and French addresses

This morning i had a slight panic. I looked up the address for cpam in Periguex only to find that the postal address is slightly different to the geographical address.
I had posted our dental forms for reimbursement just last week to the geographical address. I hot footed to la Poste and asked if the last line of the postal address was strictly necessary for delivery.
Yes, she reiterated, my letter would never be delivered without it.
Although panicky I remembered about the suivi sticker and checked the number to at least find out where my letter had ended up.
Well the relief. It was delivered to the recipient the day after posting.
So I heartily recommend using a suivi and also checking postal addresses. And write your own address on the back. As my husband rightly pointed out at least the forms could have been returned if there had been a problem.
Obviously I rightly pointed out that my husband could have done the paperwork himself.
All good in the end.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry for things to CPAM, with ours it gets delivered whether or not we use the CEDEX post code or the normal one. They get so much post that I imagine sorting offices are well used to it. I do resemt having to post them tho’, when so many other things you can scan and email now.

And we’ve had letters delivered to us that just have our name and postcode, ie no street or commune!

1 Like

Do you put CPAM or do your write it out in full?

Just

CPAM
Lons 25030 CEDEX

1 Like

we have had that in the UK name, village, county - no postcode even!

1 Like