Surfshark VPN and Firestick

I would be interested to know if anyone is currently using Surfshark VPN on a Firestick to watch BBC iPlayer. We’ve just subscribed and whilst Surfshark works ok on our iPad we’re still blocked using the Firestick.
I’ve spent an hour or more talking to Surfshark who have suggested various fixes including changes to the DNS and their app but nothing works so far. Before I finally give up and get a refund I thought I’d ask around to see if anyone has a magic fix.
I have used VPNs before so know all the usual answers of clearing cache and cookies etc.

I use Surf Shark, but not on a Firestick (and mine is a bit dodgy in that I can only use it on the device it was first installed on… Don’t ask why) but I remember something about Firestick users having issues with VPNs because their Amazon account was tied to French site. Perhaps worth switching the account within the Firestick settings to use the UK Amazon site briefly, as a test to see if that makes it work.

Thanks Gareth but Firestick has no link with your Amazon account unless you want to watch Prime. I use a different VPN at the moment and have no problem.

I tried Surfshark on my Apple devices a year or two ago and didn’t get on with it - it caused issues with several iPhone apps (or the apps didn’t like Surfshark, I don’t know which) - so I cancelled my subscription.

Last trip to France I used Mullvad VPN which is a Swedish VPN - no issues with that and it’s a flat rate of €5 a month (which covers up to 5 devices) with no commitments - you can either pay for a month when needed, or pre-pay for a longer period.

Surfshark is no good on Firestick.
I use Windscribe, and I also know that Ivacy works too.

Thanks

Thanks crabtree 24

1 Like

Don’t you believe it. All tech you buy from Amazon is attached to your account, even before it’s delivered. Go on to the Alexa App, it’ll be there.

Anyone have experience of PIA vpn?
No it doesnt apparently stand for what you think it does :joy:

I did look at this a few months ago and it looked promising. Sounds quite a bit cheaper that the other usual VPN providers. No reason to change at the moment though.