Surgeon's Devis, advice please

Going through my first significant engagement with the French health system, I now have a devis for my prostate surgery and I’m not clear on what I’m actually liable for so if be grateful for advice.

I could have asked the surgeon but I was focused on the surgery questions rather than the admin.
Anyway, in the attached picture do you know if the €4000 figure is the gross amount and will be reduced by the Secu amount or is that the net amount that I should expect to pay?

When I say “me” it will be my employer that pays but I need to tell them how much they are on the hook for.

Thanks, J

It will be €4000 less the seçu contribution, so just over €3000. But also anaesthetist and other hospital costs, so this won’t be full amount.

1 Like

Thanks Jane and noted on the extra costs.

You can contact the hospital to find out their charges, as if a top notch cancer clinique in Paris the daily rates will be high.

This gives an indication

Do you have a mutuelle? If so, depending on the level you have they will pick up some (all?) of the amount between what the surgeon will charge you and what the state will pick up.

Just to check - have you got your ALD in place now - that matters.

Also, if you have a private room and any rehabilitation you may well be charged for a part of that, again depending on what mutuelle (if any) you have.

No, my employer self-insures and picks up the tab directly. I’ve warned them that there’s a bill coming. :smile:

I do indeed, it’s quite nice to walk out with the debit card intact. Though I use medical bills as a cheap way to transfer funds into Euros, I pay on my UK fee-free card and work refunds me in Euros.

Great! I remember those days - many years ago - when we had company BUPA.

1 Like