Survive France Users' Brexit Poll

That assumption has been the downfall of the whole British strategy.

1 Like

That’s utter rubbish Glen :slight_smile: Do you really think May and Davis have the intellectual capability to carry that off?

1 Like

maybe not all, just the pre-menopausal ones… :hushed:

1 Like

Unless it also includes the ‘Tena lady’ type products…?

1 Like

Not exactly - the claim that we could secure a deal that was as good as being in the EEA for trade & services but without the obligations, especially free movement was one of the big Brexit lies but I fully expect the EU to offer us a trade deal on its  terms, probably something along the lines of the Canadian deal.

It’s one of those topics I find confusing because it appears to defy logic. The same people seem to be saying,

“We don’t need the EU, the whole world is out there to trade with.”
and,
“The EU need us, we buy German cars and washing machines.”

I studied Economics but this logic is beyond me.

2 Likes

Logic? Who’s interested in logic? You don’t need logic, it’s as simple as ABC - A Basket of Cherries. (Or Cakes, if you prefer).

2 Likes

Yes , that’s undoubtably true Paul, Tusk said so today but May still hasn’t accepted it, nor has Hammond judging by his speech today. The two of them can’t even get their ducks in a row. May says she accepts passporting is gone and Hammond says any deal without Financial Services will be rejected. This is going to get very messy and Davis isn’t up to the job.

Earlier I was referring to the bluster of a year or so ago about German car manufacturers (for example) forcing Merkel’s hand to give the UK a good “cake and eat it” deal. In the same spirit as Fox claiming this would be the easiest deal ever negotiated.

Also a Budgie.:grin:

Is that a “strong an stable” budgie or a “deep and comprehensive” budgie :bird:

Surely if it is up with the latest developments it’s a three-baskets budgie :slight_smile:

Ohhh, IMO after what Tusk said yesterday and today in Dublin… it’s dead budgie :roll_eyes:

BTW Wooster-Mogg :face_with_monocle: Gove, BoJO, Redword etc, are very quiet. What going on?

1 Like

Phew…feeling thankful that I went through menopause naturally without a hitch…bar a few hot sweats now and again…x :slight_smile:

Yes, that seems to have thrown a King-Kong sized spanner in the works.

I think the spanner was in the works all along. All that’s new is that Tusk has pointed out the fact that the UK has left a spanner in a very crucial place inside the engine, and until it finds a way of fishing it out, the engine will not start.

1 Like

I think May was pitching for a large, flexible V8 but only a Briggs and Stratton lawnmower engine is on offer.

May might have been hoping for a V8 but the constraints that she has put on the vehicle mean that this is the only choice:

And before anyone starts with the Del boy / Reliant Robin comments - I have travelled many happy miles in a Reliant Robin and I won’t hear a word said against them :grin:

It’s quite similar in overall appearance but the pic I posted isn’t a Reliant, it’s an invalid carriage - rather more appropriate, I thought :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Spot on :grin: