Survive ...whats next? Do you know how..? Plus ! Goble-de-Gook!

If you want to make one, I recommend you look at “easy DIY rocket stove” YouTube vids… Some peeps seem to become addicted to building them all sizes and efficiencies.
Yes mine can be more stable… Just tighten the rope will do it…but I’ve got the bits to make a small one to use in the tonnelle. I don’t need so much power! And it rained hard on me yesterday!
My electric best way to heat enough water for a huge shower…in my high pressure, weedkiller backpack.(perfect!)…or any huge water container…is to use a portable water heater. A heating element, on a plug in cable. They used to be expensive…I paid 50? Euros for mine about 3 yrs ago. It fits easily into the plastic pressure sprayer, without touching the plastic at all…I made it a wire “sleeve” to be sure. …but “wish” was advertising one for about 12 Euros. It occurred to me how magnificently idiotic and helpful to EDF, it was, to heat vast quantities of water in a tank, that quite often, did not get used. Much better, instant heat on demand.
Of course you can buy real, super fast as you need it, water heaters, plumbed in at the wash basin or shower wherever you want to use them…but HOW MUCH DOSH??? They work well but not cheap.

Not an “own family pet chicken”, pie :fearful:?

1 Like

No, the oven is a “pet-free” zone! :grin:

3 Likes

Mark…you are the guy with tats? What else? Are you living in a yurt? How close to a truly planet loving life do you live?
Are there any real life, practising survivalists or minimalists out there?
I refuse to be apologetic to dumb twats like Boris, insulting people who demonstrate against polluting the incredible, lovable/beautiful planet. I want everything to be perfectly taken care of, with gentle respect and no nincompoops fouling up the place with SUVs etc…have you got an SUV, Mark?

1 Like

Hoooray!!

Yes, I do have some inked bits, but not excessive, and I live in a converted watermill in the middle of nowhere. Used to be self sufficient electricity wise for 7 or 8 months of the year, but the prefet/state, in their wisdom, refused to renew our licence to "borrow " river water. I don’t have a SUV, but a 4x4 (essential in the winter ) and quad bike - any ideas to grow your own diesel appreciated :joy::joy::sunglasses::expressionless:

2 Likes

Hi Mark
This might be of interest to you. :wink:
Do You Have to Modify a Diesel Engine to Run It on Vegetable Oil??

[quote=“Mark_Robbins, post:66, topic:27591” the prefet/state, in their wisdom, refused to renew our licence to “borrow " river water. I don’t have a SUV, but a 4x4 (essential in the winter ) and quad bike - any ideas to grow your own diesel appreciated :joy::joy::sunglasses::expressionless:
[/quote]
Ouch, I’m sorry about the water. My river supply is supposedly guaranteed lifelong, a right of this house owner, me. The commune replaced my own pump when river improvements happened…with an impressive sub surface powerful beast, that is now quite dead. It couldnt cope with winter floods. I MIGHT be able to fix it it if it isn’t burned out, its auto stop was ripped off…I’m not fussed about water…at least no american company is forcing through laws to make rain harvesting illegal…YET… !!! You know they do that kind of evil in usa!!
Rain is wonderful stuff. I love it as hair washer, and for drinking, much nicer that drinking those critters that don’t want to die, in river water.
I think a solar or …heat thingy…e-powered quad bike, must be a dream I W A N T …:grin:
A bloke made me a cart to go with my donkey, once…quite a while ago.
It was brilliant with HIS donkey but mine didn’t do ANYTHING he didn’t think looked like an ace idea. He used to kick everyone who annoyed him. The vet got a huge bang in his midriff, when he was doing his “donkey friend” moves.
My transport now, is almost exclusively e-bike . Nothing is as glorious for travel, as an e-bike…For winter I’ve got padded motor bike gear, so look like a lunatic.

2 Likes

Pampered???! We bought the house with the idea that they could just walk into the house and when the thermometer reached over 43 degrees the coolest place was the kitchen.IMAG0630%20(1)|596x500

4 Likes

that’s funny!! Just look at all that posh tiling they don’t care two hoots about! Chickens are so easy to love…I think its that low key grunting noise they make, when happy, like cats purring. However, they do kill each other. Or pick on an outsider sometimes …heart breaking.

not posh tiling at all… Nothing posh in this house which is why I like it.

2 Likes

@Wendy_Cooper-Wolfe trills: “Nothing posh in this house…”

Ooh Wendy your artfuly staged poop-free picture looks like a 'Wendy’s Amazing Pet-Friendly Home" four-page-and-front-cover technicolour spreadsheet from " Hello-Chicko" glossy magazine: no muddy claws, tatty wattles, pecked necks or scruffy vents in view!

OK maybe I’m envious of your bootiful and expensively coiffeured birds and freshly-laundered straw, but really, pull the other leg, it has bells on (as well as fruity, gloopy manure). :joy:

Only teasing! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Principle of ignition of internal combustion engine, isn’t it?

2 Likes

Yes!! But who ever thinks of such a thing when they want to light the BBQ, and have no matches! Its quite a difficult tool to assemble from scratch…but with a bit of char cloth…looks infallible!

Wendy…from where I’m sitting…that is posh!! Everything is relative! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

We could have a contest! Who is the LEAST posh, who lives in the most primitive, eco warrior way!

2 Likes

I think you may have an unfair advantage there Jeanette! :rofl:

3 Likes

Haha!! I might win…but…

2 Likes

True, they don’t look so posh when you’re here!

yes it was staged for the photo at the time, 10 mins later plenty of poo and straw all over the place! Still at least I knew they were in the cool.

3 Likes