Suspicious phone calls

Angela, I used to say I had a Mac, but never had the return call, but after your call back I think I will respond with Sandy's message or just tell them to "BU**ER OFF" or similar, which has been my response to the last few of these calls.

yes i tols them i had an apple mac, so why would they help me ??

the next day they rang back as apple mac persistent buggers

Just tell them you haven't got a computer!

Hi, my mum had exactly the same call. She was almost convinced as she did have a problem with her computer except that he said he was from Windows, which is the product name rather than the company name. Thankfully she told him to go whistle! :-)

Now that is true British Reserve and Politness. Well done you Jane. I am just a tad more volatile.

I tell them that they are fraudsters and that their mother would be ashamed of them!

I logged into my bank this morning to pay a guest back his Gite deposit money and this was the first thing that sprang up.

PLEASE BE ALERT 27 Aug 14

A small number of our customers have received phone calls from companies offering to repair or upgrade their computer. These callers then turn out to be fraudsters who install software allowing them to take over your computer and access Internet Banking.

HELP STOP THE FRAUDSTERS

• Don't allow someone who calls you unexpectedly to access or install software on your computer.
  • Don't disclose your Internet Banking password or memorable information to anyone.
  • We'll never ask you to transfer your money to another account due to fraud or any other issue.
  • We'll never make an automated phone call asking you to approve a refund into your account.

It has been a while since I had one of these dodgy indian sub continent type accented 'people' phone up but they are obviously still active. "Bugger Off and don't phone me again", is my automatic response. I don't use Windows so they are dead in the water before they start.

thank you so much Pamela - sounds like I did the right thing.

Hi Annie, there is a recent discussion on this:

http://www.survivefrance.com/group/computercorner/forum/topics/computer-scam-help