Swapping licence for a French one

Apparently not - that would be very easy indeed.

The plot thickens:
https://www.thelocal.fr/20210106/confusion-as-france-suspends-applications-for-british-drivers-to-swap-their-licences

Don’t know if I’m allowed to post about other sites- but there is an excellent FB page dealing with swopping UK d/l for a French one. The lady that runs that Kim Cranstoun has already posted that she has been in touch with the Britiah Embassy and the French authorities . She is keeping everyone informed.

1 Like

Oh no, slaps forehead After six months I have just received a message from ANTS to say my application is now complete. My attestation is valid for another three months, but I would prefer to have the card, Hey ho :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Good for you Lily,
I’m sure it’ll be in the post very soon. Fingers :racing_car: :oncoming_automobile: :blue_car: crossed.

1 Like

Thanks Warren, your convoy must have helped :wink: it has just arrived :clap:

1 Like

Could the convey turn their attention to My OH’s please? …must be six months now…

:racing_car: :oncoming_automobile: :blue_car: :checkered_flag:

1 Like

We did our online applications on 21 Dec, and got an official acknowledgement so wonder how this ties in with the report.
But it said no more than that.
My worry is that mine expires mid August so if I haven’t received
French one by then and I apply for UK replacing it will really confuse the system !

I got an acknowledgement of mine in October but nothing since. Like you, @strudball , my UK one expires later in the year so I’m a bit anxious about that.
My partner, whose licence doesn’t expire for quite a lot longer, lost his wallet last week with the licence in it. Now he has the problem of replacing it, which he obviously can’t do legally as he is no longer a UK resident…

It’s a bit of a mess, isn’t it?

Morning Strudball,

We also applied for an exchange on both our kicences in between Xmas and New Year, and also received an acknowledgement.

Luckily we still have a few years left on them, so no great panic.

Suppose all we can do is sit and wait.

Have a great day

Andy

I have also now been made aware of this ‘licence swap now impossible’ malarkey.
Coincidentally I have an appointment for a medical tomorrow so that I can preserve categories C and D. I shall go ahead and get the certificate and then plan from there as this info seems to be changing by the week.

Well the medical will be needed one day, it is a standard requirement for everyone…check if it has to be within x months of application but if not then it’s one more thing ticked off the list.

In earlier post I said my wife and I applied on 21/12, I checked on my account today and it says the status of the application was updated on 22/12 to “Under investigation” with a long 23 (?) number, so obviously at least it has been logged…but whether I get a swap before my UK one runs out mid August remains to be seen!

Do they still issue an attestation acknowledging the application these days?
IIRC the attestation will serve as a temporary issue for law enforcement purposes in France (but not sure if you need to produce something in Angleterre in response to the issue of an HORT1 form - if UK Police still issue them to produce at a Police Station).

Just got an email acknowledging the application …not an official A

Yes they do. You need to keep a copy of the initial acknowledgement which will have a ref number. When the application is near completion they send an Attestation which gives most of the information that will be on your license, including your photo, this attestation is valid for four months.

So are you saying we won’t get anything else for a few months

We may not get anything at all unless they remove the block on processing! Perhaps they already have but I haven’t seen anything to that effect…