Swimming pool chat

Hi John
It’s a liner . We bought the property about 6 years ago and think the pool has been there for about 12 years. So hard trying to get anyone to come out to look . Thank you for your reply
Kind regards
Sara

1 Like

Hi Sara, at 12 years it could be nearing the end of its life, does the water stop leaking at some point, inline with the skimmer or returns etc?
I will send you a PM.

1 Like

Yes I think so . I’m not going out til Monday but my partner is out there. Can I pass on your email to him as he can give you more info ?

His name is Steve foster . If ok I’ll send you his email .

Thanks again

Sara

1 Like

Hi Sara,
Yes of course

1 Like

His email is stevefoster1231@btinternet.com

Thank you

Welcome Susan, that sounds awful, can I ask? Was it Vendee pools?

1 Like

Hi @Suzan

Welcome to the forum.

Please can you put your full name on your Registration (as per our T&C’s)

cheers

@cat
@james

1 Like

Please add your surname as per the previous request.

1 Like

My full name added although I see some profiles which are anonymous, is last name mandatory?

1 Like

Anonymous profiles are users who have left (or been ejected) & details removed.

2 Likes

Yes :slight_smile:

Hi John
I have a problem with vacuuming my in ground pool when I start works great but after a few minutes it loses power I cannot work out why ?
It’s a sta-rite pump 5P2RD I got about 3 years ago any help would be grateful thank you

Hi David, not sure what filter you have but the filters do get full of fine stuff quickly especially at the start of the season 1st and 2nd vacuuming sessions. Give the filter a good backwash for at least 3-5 mins then on to rinse for a minute or two before going back to filtration. Put the hose in the pool first to top up as you will use a bit on backwashing.
If you have the little clear sight glass on your filter hold some printed text under it so you can see it run clear before stopping the backwash.
Fitting the skimmer socks to the skimmer baskets can be a great help to.
Let us know how you get on.

Hi John
Thank you for your reply no backwash on my system just big filter I have put a stiff wire down the tubes no sign of a blockage it starts of ok powerful then slows down have tried skimmer socks but no change nothing wrong with pump that I can see the basket in the pump when it slows it sort of gurgles it does not stay full
sorry about the explanation not easy will try some other things and get back to you

Could you post photos of your filter and control valve? Seeing your set up will give a better chance of knowing what to suggest…

Sounds like a cartridge filter. The filter elements inside get clogged and you need to open up to wash the cartridge(s) unless you have a bag type Magiline etc.

Thank you Brian it was the cartridge filter was the problem

Yes thank you Brian.

Hello, I’m looking for some guidance and advice regarding water loss with my in-ground pool.
The problem is certainly on the pressurised side of the pump, ie between pump and water jets.
With the pump off, valves closed an jets plugged the water loss is acceptable and down to evaporation. But as soon as valves are open, plugs removed and pump switched on the water loss is excessive - about 50mm per hour. I’m not sure what to do now and am worried that an expert may recommend new pipework which would involve extensive digging (removal of paving slabs and excavation to lay new pipes). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks