Take aways

Ah well, we always used to do it on a Sunday evening with a nice murder - that's if we weren't having a roast, which always went well with a particularly gruesome Midsomer Murder (or two, ideally). As I said it's taken us nearly 5 years to really miss them - just about the citizenship decision making time. Both on the settee, fire going, tv on, wife with her legs on me.

Mind you we haven't watched television since we've been here apart from the Olympics and the french election!

We only liked a take away after a few beers in the pub, as there is no pubs in France the balance is not the same.

:) just wait until one long cold day in 2019 when you've been working your socks off and... We loved no takeaways in 2009, 2010 and 2011. But I truly hope you never feel like us

David we have not been over as long as you and still do not miss takeaways, We will give you an answer in the next four years.

We thought that when we first came over. Now, after 5 years of enforced abstinence, and especially with a wife who knows what the best chinese in the area is and with no money we have to disagree. That said, if you are happy with it we shan't disagree but my tongue is hanging out for a real takeaway!