Tax 2021 (2020 income)

Hi Grahame,

no, madame is a concubinage so separate returns! (I think she’d prefer madame over ‘the concubine’)…

When we first turned up at the building, both of us were invited into the building, but it was I invited into his boudiour (or would that be lair). Explained we were partners, he said no, one return is sufficient, I begged to differ and after a brief look at his screen agreed and lobbed over 2 sets of forms.

I’m with you, when or if she gets a letter the LG P60 should hopefully suffice.

I’m tempted to ring my new interlocutor up and / or march down there with the docs / scans on the laptop and the france form individuelle and ask her to stamp it there and then!

you confuse me with someone of a similar name :thinking:
No “e” in my name…

how did you differ?

1 Like

Concubine is a great word. You are the concubin, in French, much less sexist than English in this case.

My greatest apologies Graham, a keyboard slip and failure to proof read from the start.

I had read upon the France treatment of unmarried or unpacs’d couples both for acceptance into the health insurance with one partner holding an S1, and for France treatment of concubinage for tax - we’d both get separate allowances, and not the ‘parts’. I’d never done the calcs as to which would be better, and when he proposed we were one return, I just said ‘I don’t think so?’.

A fascinating country, where international tax decisions can (or have to) be made by the local tax inspector!

ps don’t know if you remember on the other thread CPAM can’t recall the name, but FYI when I went to upload the docs for the CV I got a login choice or create an account - creating an account didn’t work - said to ring the CPAM. I rang the UK helpline - turns out they verify one’s ID and set a 4 digit PIN communicated on the call - the account is already there.

Once again, so sorry on mistyping you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Je suis le concubin - sounds great! Perhaps I should update my SF moniker.

1 Like

From Latest Lettre Service-Public in English regarding payment of any tax due.

2 Likes

OK so I’ve been late, just wasn’t in the right head space in the lead up to the cut of date (only a week or so after my sisters funeral. I’m not worried about being fined as it is quite clearon the site that there is no late fine if you are not taxable and I won’t be. really bad thing is that I’ve just gone in and it hasnt’ actually been left open for late people (I’m sure they do in Oz!).
Bonjour,

Le service de déclaration des revenus en ligne est fermé depuis le jeudi 1 juillet 2021. Il sera à nouveau disponible en avril 2022 pour la prochaine campagne de déclaration des revenus.

À compter du mercredi 4 août, vous pourrez accéder au service de correction en ligne de votre déclaration de revenus de 2021. Ce service sera disponible jusqu’au 15 décembre 23h59.

So I’m going to have to do it on paper. Just need to read back through here to try to work out what forms I need to put interest from overseas (barely worth it at €200ish!) and the new for to declare bank accounts!

Thanks Graham sans e, so I need 3916 for the foreign accounts. However the form is 7 pages long and appears you need one form per bank account / paypal account. I have probably 10 accounts to declare, SURELY they don’t want me to send 70 pages just for that???

I’m so cross with myself I missed the online thing!

“From Wednesday 4 August, you will be able to access the online correction service for your 2021 tax return. This service will be available until 15 December 23:59”

Can you not still log in from tomorrow (4th August) to enter a “correction” to your return or at least use the facility to send them a message using Messagerie sécurisée when you log in to your account?

1 Like

We had to send 137 pages…

You could trying phoning the tax office and asking them if you can submit on line somehow? Or get an appointment to talk it through with them.

Ahhhhhh I think I’ll leave it all until tomorrow thne (thanks SO much for the excuse to stop :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:)!

So you did a paper return too did you? I’m hoping I might be able to somehow ing it from tomorrow! I’ll update when I know more if not I best go out and buy more paper if I need to do all the accounts and print of 7 pages for each!

I did the tax return paper form - interest: the euro amount I declared in form 2047 line 260 and then in form 2042 line 2TR.

The tax inspector said to put all the accounts in a list and add to the paper form. As we didn’t have a printer we pdf’d them and e-mailed him - he said that was fine, job done! Just made sure we included the key info requested in the 3916

So hopefully you can just include a sheet of paper with them. Perhaps you can contact one and explain your delay - they all seem very friendly so hopefully also have compassion.

Also - I presume as you are at a low tax band it is beneficial you opt for “l’imposition au bareme de vos revenues de capitaux mobiliers” so check box 2OP ? (vous optez pour l’imposition au bareme de vos revenues de capitaux mobiliers et gains de cession de valeurs mobiliers) - you opt for the taxation at the scale of your income from movable capital and gains from the sale of securities

Update here’s the fields / columns I used:
Désignation de l’établissement Adresse Caractéristiques Code bancaire Numéro de compte/ Autre identifiant de compte

Now, but just had my naturalisation interview and I was asked to bring the whole of this year’s return so had to print out the lot…with all the extra bits it came to nearly 200 pages. Which no one will ever read past the first 8!!

Oh that is really good to know! If I can do that then I think I’d rather have a paper form!

Ummmmmmm NO idea I don’t even understand what that means in either language :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You probably don’t need all 7 pages - looking at it just 1,2 &3 will do the job for most accounts and the signature on page 4. Double sided would be ok (to save a rain forest or two!)

Oh how massively annoying!!!

That is just too confusing! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: my printer and I don’t get on that well.

Instead of 30% tax / social charges on interest, ticking the box means the interest is added to your general income and taxed at that particular level, so if you are on the 0% tax bracket, you wont pay 12.8% taxon the interest.

You might still pay the 17.2% social charges, but hey every euro counts and it’s only ticking a box!

Good luck with the paper - I added the column names I used to the last post.

If you are willing to say, wondering how your naturalisation interview went? Were there any surprises?

Update on my previous post on receiving the letter asking for [quote=“larkswood12, post:299, topic:33843”]
l’attestation d’imposition ou de non imposition de vos revenus de source anglaise
[/quote]

I went to the tax office and the inspector took the 19-20 UK tax return - seems that was fine.

He also stamped the France form individuel for the DTT - though we still don’t have the French TIN’s. Don’t know how much HMRC would want these on the forms…

Added to this thread