Tax declaration - public and private income

I’m having a brain freeze.

In previous years I have filled in my tax forms with no problems at all. My query relates to annexe 2047 - declaration de revenus étranger.

I have a UK state pension and a small UK private pension.
On annexe 2047, section 12 is for pensions. There is one box for entering pension, and one has to declare it as state or private. How do I declare one of each, please?

Here’s the form in question:

Did you look through the guide?
I believe it covers this aspect… see page 46
link here

1 Like

Thank you for the pointer, Geof (edit - errr, I mean, Graham…) - much appreciated.

I had hoped for a one-line answer but a bit of searching through your forms revealed the answer - declare the combined income, tick public and private boxes then break them down in detail on annexe 2042.

Thanks again - I can now fulfill (some of) my bureaucratic obligations for another year!

1 Like

you are having a brain freeze :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I tend not to do that (others do) but to point people in the general direction of the answer. It’s easy to misinterpret the question sometimes and lead people up the wrong path. I think that’s why the guides provided over the past few years have been helpful.

2 Likes

Sorry Graham :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

@graham - I confess that this is the first time I have looked at your tax guides. I have no idea how long it takes you to compile them but I suspect it is not a fast process.
I found the documents to be very clear and useful - many, many thanks for the time you took to compile them and for making them public via Survive France.

Brian

4 Likes