Tax Help 2022 - latest update: 17/05/22

Once again it is time for the submission of French Tax returns.
This year, I have created a series of pdf files to help in this regard which I shall link to in this first post in the topic for ease of reference.
Please note that the pdf’s are stored in a discrete area of my on line Dropbox folder. You are welcome to freely download them and use them to assist in your task.
May I suggest that you bookmark this topic so you can easily come back to it at any time. The link will remain in the fist post in the topic for ease of reference.
Any changes/improvements that are made to the pdf’s will be automatically reflected in the link posted here which will avoid unnecessary multiple reposting of pdf’s basically containing the same information which, in turn, will hopefully save this topic from becoming too burdensome.
Also, please respect the #stayontopic tag. It’s not used very often and only in special circumstances. Note that @cat has approved this use of the tag on this topic.
May I ask that if anyone has suggestions/improvements for the guides, do so in PM to me directly to save on clutter in the topic.
Please also PM me if the link breaks at any time.

• There is a brief narrative - last update 13/4/22
  • a graphic which shows which form to complete and the relevant boxes - last update 18/4/22
  • the help guide itself - see amendment list below.

Amendment list:
14/4 Guide: page 10 added text “bug from 2021”
15/4 guide: replacement/updated pages 1 to 18
16/4 guide updated pages to page 31 - declare foreign bank accounts
17/4 guide updating text to slides to page 31 and important caution/disclaimer on page 1.
18/4 tax help forms updated to reflect tax credit dividends 17.5% may no longer apply
21/4 guide: added information pages at start of guide and 3916 submission
26/4 guide: added place to indicate S1 holder (8SH & 8SI)
27/4 guide: completed :champagne: final stages of submission added
17/5 tax return info: added change in final date for paper submissions

16 Likes

Please also note that I am not a tax expert. The guides have been constructed essentially from my own experiences filing on line and other references which is why they are limited to pension income submissions.

There is a separate topic here which is open for general discussion about tax declarations for 2022 which I would encourage you to use.

It would be appreciated if you would refrain from posting in this topic to help members avoid missing important information about amendments.
Thanks in advance.

11 Likes

Help guide now completed and uploaded to my public Dropbox folder as linked above.

Any helpful suggestions welcome by private message only please (or in the separate topic link here).

Thanks to everyone for your forbearance whilst my own tax return was completed (from which the guide was constructed).

5 Likes

The deadline for paper declarations has been extended this year. Here are all the dates

3 Likes

1 Like

An exract from Isabel Want’s September 2022 newsletter regarding No Social Charges on UK Rental Income and how to claim them back if charged on your French tax return.

Just to be clear, the offer to send her your scanned income tax form would only extend to her customers as far as I know.

September 2022 Newsletter_compressed.pdf (684.3 KB)

1 Like