Tax Fonciere Payment

The Tax Fonciere bill arrived in the post to UK today.

For the first time we have paid it using the phone app and it was far more simple than previous years - even with my click by click instructions with screenshots from prior years process.

The app seems pretty simple.

1 Like

Ah yes, it’s that time of year, I guess ours will be arriving soon.

I haven’t had any problems paying online so far, only ever takes a couple of minutes - if that; once I’ve found the right button to pay without a personal tax number, of course.

With the app you just scan the QR code then input your bank details, job done.

If anyone interested ours was 1.5% higher than last year.

1 Like

Sounds simple but I need to be at the computer to dig out the RIB anyway.

I pay by Prelevement… that is easiest for me and gives me a delayed date of payment… :relaxed:

1 Like

For all I know I may also pay by this method and have just paid for it twice!

If you pay by DD (prelevement)

Front page Montant A Payer… au plus tard le (date) … XXXXX(the amount)

then right at the bottom in BIG letters…

VOUS N’AVEZ RIEN À ENVOYER (send no money!)

and underneath it shows the bank accounts details…

somewhere in that lot it tells you what date your bank account will be debited…

Ours dropped into the post box today too, with attached sledgehammer…ouch​:sob::sob:

Mine is up 19 € on last year… I can live with that… :relaxed:

I always pay online. They know my bank details and the payment isn’t taken out of my account until the due date. Simple and quick.

2 Likes

Soon I’ll be living in France and I’ve been reading on SF about the need to keep a file of all payments, receipts, etcetera, in hardcopy.

So…I have a question, please, about this online payment and how efficient and successful it is for payment of the Tax Fonciere, which sounds great. My question is: given the some-time need for documentation in hardcopy form, does anyone make a hardcopy of the confirmation/receipt of the Tax Fonciere payment when done online … assuming there is a confirmation/receipt provided, once paid online? I should think I would make a PDF version of the receipt/confirmation message once received, and save it to my hard drive then make a hardcopy for files.

1 Like

You get a receipt when you pay with the app which you can then email it to yourself.

1 Like

You get to put your email address in once payment has been set up - you then receive an email - I saved a pdf of this email to the cloud.

1 Like

once you are in the System… you create your Space on the gouv.fr site… then you can access all your info and documents…taxes, receipts/bills… schedule for payments… queries etc etc

If you want to print something off… you can… but it is all there on the site…

likewise with EDF, Water, Telephone etc etc

2 Likes

TF dropped through the post yesterday - think it is the same as last year despite my obviously excessive déchetterie use but need to look at the bank statements to check.

It seems I ticked the “direct debit” box so nothing further to do except make sure there is enough in the account to cover it. :slight_smile:

Have you considered a goat, donkey or crocodile! :joy:

1 Like

All three but the crocodile ate the donkey and the goat jumped the fence and ran away!!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

That reminds me of the fox, chicken and sack of grain riddle. I’m sure you know it but for those that may not here it is.

You have a fox, a chicken and a sack of grain. You must cross a river with only one of them at a time. If you leave the fox with the chicken he will eat it; if you leave the chicken with the grain he will eat it. How can you get all three across safely?

1 Like

Chicken over
Return empty
Fox over
Return with Chicken
Grain over
Return empty
Chicken over

All OK unless the Fox is a vegetarian or the Fox could boil the grain and ferment it to beer!

1 Like