Tax form-concessions

British Rail drivers (do they still exist?) are not members of NATO. U.K. veterans in USA get some of the same benefits as their counterparts in the American armed forces, so I just wondered if it is true in France as well.

Obviously, you think that I am stupid to think that so I will end my participation in this thread.

I’m not sure what a country being a member of NATO has to do with the taxes that you are required to pay in France.

Please don’t! There are many of us that don’t think you are stupid - myself and James (aka the boss!) - personally, I think it is an entirely sensible question to ask and would definitely do the same myself.
Will be interested to hear how you get on.
Have a lovely evening!
Catharine x

I have a pension from the gov and taxed on it in the uk unlike old age pension and private pensions taxed here. The double treaty means you are not taxed on the gov pension in France.

Correct but, just to clarify, you do still need to declare it (gross) in France.

1 Like

Yes, it’s the old Chestnut doing the rounds… again… isn’t it @simon
it’s “that time of year”… :upside_down_face::rofl:

Why do folk think they can leave stuff OFF… just because it gets taxed elsewhere… :zipper_mouth_face:

Worldwide Income needs to be declared In France… France needs to know about every penny/cent …

We keep saying it, don’t we… :hugs: … but it still needs saying… :upside_down_face::wink::face_with_hand_over_mouth::hugs::rofl:


Yes, but it goes in a different box

Correct :slight_smile: - Actually 3 different boxes, 2 different forms…

Yes, 2 forms so it will be 3 boxes

It is not permissible to ‘choose’ in which country the old age state pension is taxed. Where it is taxed depends on where the taxpayer is primarily domiciled, and that is a matter of fact rather than choice. If one lives primarily in France, then the UK Old Age State Pension is taxed in France. It’s a matter of the law of the land rather than a decision of choice.