Tax Form- Where do I put sale of house? No idea?

Have received tax form, am going to be charged for income from shares! Income from sale of house, where does this go on the tax form, nothing on there that looks remotely like this. It is well under the 150,000 that they quote on their form. Am renting now, not buying again! Have spent a whole afternoon trying to translate this form, still no idea! So complicated. Only advice I have received is to go to my bank and ask them to help me - good idea or not! Can someone please help me

There is another thread which goes into some detail on this subject.
This post from @Stella might also helpā€¦

Even though it refers to on-line the same principles will apply for paper submissions.
And, if you click on the yellow Tax & Social charges banner at the head of the thread, you will be presented with a list of all in this category.

Was this the sale of your principle residence because if so it does not need to be put anywhere on the tax form?

1 Like

This was my only residence, staying temporarily with a friend at the moment. They have put this money in the section ā€˜income from sharesā€™, think that I am going to be taxed on this. Have tried ringing them, continually engaged! Do I send a copy of my deeds of sale to them along with the income from shares crossed through?

you can always email your tax officeā€¦ it does workā€¦ they will respond to your questionsā€¦ and sometimes add more of their ownā€¦

How do you find your tax office email number, have tried searching online, nothing!

which area are you in

thinking about itā€¦ the email number of my TO was on the paperworkā€¦ take a lookā€¦ and just incase, I emailed Perigueux as wellā€¦ they replied pretty promptly but I already has my answersā€¦

No email address on the paperwork, already tried that, just a telephone number!

which area are you inā€¦ France is huge, but has regional tax offices

Am in St Yrieix la Perche, 87500

Well, Nontron answer phone and emailā€¦

sip.nontron@dgfipfinances.gouv.fr

theyā€™ll answer your query ā€¦ basic questionsā€¦

and they will also be able to give you the email address of your Tax Officeā€¦

why not ask themā€¦ nothing to loseā€¦

Bit confused, you mention ā€˜theyā€™, who do you mean?

youā€™re not the only one confused hereā€¦ Timā€¦ :wink:

@Jennifer_Banks you could also try

sip.limoges@dgfip.gouv.fr

I suspect Limoges covers St Yrieix

Iā€™ve just seen that you are in St Yrieix la Perche. They have their own tax office - behind the Areva cinema - parking outside. You have time before June 20th to go there - first floor, and round to the right ,are the offices where you get advice from the tax people - they are very helpful. You may have to queue, but it wonā€™t take long.
I should imagine after 11th May theyā€™ll be there, or soon after. if most of the shops are allowed to open again. Other than that, ask at the Mairie. Bon chance.

Thank you so much for this response, am no longer living in st yrieix, oh, that I were. There was a very helpful chap there who spoke excellent english and has helped me on more than one occasion with my tax form. Unfortunately, they tell me that he has left and they now no longer have anybody who speaks english! Now I can make myself understood in shops, etc, but speaking to a foreigner on tax matters is a different thing! Anyway, thank you for the advice, am at the moment trying to get someone to respond via secure messaging, all in my best french (via google translate) of course regards jennie banks

Oh, yes, I think I spoke to him last year over a question of tax. Pity heā€™s not there now.
I hope you get some answers to help you. Iā€™ve found Deepl translator more ā€˜intuitiveā€™ than google translate, but whatever works for you - best regards.