Tax forms in English

I could do with some explanation (in English) of the French terms used in the online Declaration, just to be sure I enter things in the right places!

Chris… when I did my first online declaration… I filled-out a paper copy… and used that as a guide… it really did help… :slight_smile:

Good idea. Thanks!

Hi, I am struggling through the first paper Form which I have to submit and saw this.
I am half way between Limoges and Brive la Gaillarde - where would my local Tax Office be?

Unfortunately I have found the French Bureaucracy customer service shocking with no-one speaking English, even in Departments where they would get many English speaking people . We try to speak our limited French which is not good enough for these types of issues but they just indicate that no-one can help, look at us with annoyed expressions and literally wave their hands at us to go away …

If they really do help at the local Tax Office it would be a life saver.
Thanks.

Hi Saskia… go to your Mairie and speak with them. They will be able to tell you where to go in order to complete/discuss the Paper Declaration.

If you have limited French, perhaps a friend can go with you. Failing that, write a few short phrases in French… quite easy to do with the many Translate tools online…

cheers :relaxed:

1 Like

I did my first one at the local tax office where they probably got so baffled by my well intentioned attempts to speak French that they went and found someone who could speak English…(I have experienced this at my local vet too…) My second one (this year) I tried to do online but it was throwing up so many anomalies I just couldn’t get to the end of it so visited the tax office again with the whole of my situation written down on paper both in French and English…I’m not at all confident that I will be able to do it online next year either but if not I aim to visit them as soon as I know next year’s numbers and well before they get inundated…x :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would be totally lost, even in UK Helen!!! Lucky to have a French accountant Wife :hugs:

1 Like