Taxe d'Habitation 2019

You lucky devil Graham​:smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

Have you just turned 60 and have a revenue less than 16,856 between you by any chance? Younger and/or with a bigger income you have to pay.

No @JaneJones >25k€ between us in pension income.

Then can you let us into the secret of how you’ve got exoneration from taxe d’hab?!! :open_mouth: I’d certainly like to join your group of exonérées!

Well, I didn’t ask… The letter is clearly addressed to us and I think it is something to do with the promise of reform the President made. We haven’t been economical with the truth in our tax returns.

Is he charging you double for your maison secondaire… :upside_down_face: :crazy_face:

Christ!!! I hope that doesn’t happen to us!!!:thinking::thinking::sob:

Well, if your bill gets doubled, you can blame Graham… :rofl:

You have a responsibe position here @Stella - if anything goes wrong - you are responsible :rofl:

Latest lettre from Service Publique about TdH

2 Likes

I checked our bank account yesterday and to my surprise noted a hefty amount credited to it. We pay TH monthly so was expecting a balance to pay this month but instead we have a refund!
Checked the source and definitely TH refund.
No letter confirming it yet but think that is down to a strike by sorting office at local La Poste.
Nice surprise and just in time to help impots payment this month.

You’re not likely to receive a letter, John.
We’ve had refunds in the past (as well as this year) but never an explanation.
Asked Impôts yesterday why the 100% refund and they replied same day that we were not due to pay Taxe d’Habitation this year so repaid the ten instalments. :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

We got a similar letter from Gérald Darmanin. It said we had been exonerated up to now, but that should have ended in 2019, but the exoneration has been extended to 2019. However, in the future we will have to pay up!

The last payment of TdH should be Nov 2020. After that you just pay the TV licence. If you have been paying monthly, and have not reduced the payment over the last two years, you will have a credit each year - mine was €190 this year. I will reduce the amount I pay pm in 2020 but may still get a small credit. From 2020 on TdH is abolished unless you’ve got a very generous income.

Hi there - the two tax bills, are they issued for year just gone or for the year ahead? ie in arrears? I’ve just bought in September this year and I notice that my taxes were paid up to the end of the year as part of the transaction costs.
Can you pay by direct debit?
Sorry bit green and finding our feet!
Well very green actually!

Arrears and, yes, the first year is done by the Notaire (TDH is paid by the outgoing owner as it is whoever lives there on Jan 1 and TDF usually apportioned depending on sale date).

Yes, once you get the first bill you can pay online and set up future payments by prélèvement.

I did a post giving all the details last year if you look around the forum.

Can you pay your first Bills by direct debit John?

I think the first year you have to pay in one go Paul, then you can sign up for the monthly direct debit. If you have a Impots log on than I’d say you can pay the first one by DD with IBAN and BIC. But it’s a while since I did it.

I wouldn’t worry about being green Paul. I’ve always found that exploring all the new stuff is the exciting bit of moving somewhere…

Well - time for an update…

Still no bloody TdH bill…:rage::rage::rage::rage:

No paper bill either here in the UK or the house in Carmaux… and no bill on our Impots account either.

What to do???

Mother in Law has been to the office in Albi but has got nowhere… They tell her that the bill will be on its way.

They are leaving it rather late!!!