Taxe Fonciere Again!

We paid our TF on the 4th October but it’s not been taken from our bank a/c yet. Is this usual? We’ve had a receipt & I thought they would be keen to get their hands on the cash!

Your thoughts please.
regards Beth

By which means did you make payment ???

Paid online Stella & receipt received by email stating ‘nothing outstanding’. ???
regards
Beth

If you have a receipt for the payment… that is sufficient… except that you might like to know when it will hit your bank account…

If the date of debiting is not shown on the Receipt… what does it say on the Bill itself ? Mine says "au plus tard le 17/10/2018…but, as I pay by DD once a year, it comes out of my bank on 27th October

Whatever, just ensure the funds are available… :zipper_mouth_face:

(the Bank might well tell you before they debit… maybe, maybe not)

It’s an advantage of paying online. You can ‘pay’ online immediately that you receive the bill but the money doesn’t leave your account until about 10 days after the pay by date.

2 Likes

Many thanks, I’ve had another look on line at our account & think it says that they are taking the money on the 25th, so I’ll leave it till then & see what happens. Actual bill says due date of the 15th.
Never know anyone to not take the money when you’ve arranged payment!

Will update on the 25th!
Thanks again
Beth

1 Like

You are allowed an extra 10 days from the due date before payment is taken from your bank account if you pay online.

Sorry David caught your reply to late.

1 Like

But this is France!
People are treated with respect…

1 Like

France actually rewards folk who pay by certain approved and clearly-outlined methods… letting the money stay in your bank account/savings as long as possible… :relaxed::hugs:

During the financial settlement part of my divorce I had to provide all of my assets as normal and also list my debts. My only debt was to a French artisan who had done quite a lot of work, including fitting a bespoke oak staircase several months before. My ex-wife’s lawyer asked me in a very pompous way if I expected him to believe that a workman would have carried out some work and not have demanded payment immediately. I said, actually I did, it was pointless putting South East Essex expectations on French carpenters.

1 Like

When we decided to live here permanently my husband informed the Trésorie in Brantôme.
A month later we reiterated that our principal home was in France when we asked where to send a form about our velux
I have just been informed by my sil that today they recd a letter from France which after I asked them to open is our taxe fonciere.
My worry is that for our taxe d’habitation we will still be classed as a maison secondaire .
Any thoughts on how to be sure they know our permanent address?
We have had our dual taxation forms stamped so they must have our permanent address.

I’ll definitely be chasing my reimbursement for last years taxe d’habitation charged as a maison secondaire.

If the tax office received an income declaration from that address, tdh will be calculated on your income as residents. The way they know you are resident is because you have submitted a tax return for the year. Simples. The status is changed automatically when they process it.

Tf does not seem to be linked . The fact they still use your uk address for tf does not mean the also use it for your tdh. The same happened with me but since I was paperless it made no difference and I never bothered changing it so the two bills have had different addresses on them for years.

1 Like

A similar situation for us also. The second time we went to the Trésorie a very nice lady said the relevant details had not been entered correctly into the system :woman_shrugging: she assured us we would have no further problems and we haven’t :pray:

1 Like