Teacher with experience of Autism, Physical and Medical Needs looking for occasional work near Confolens, Charente

We have a holiday home in the Charente, near Confolens.
I have recently retired from teaching and can spend more time in France!
I was originally a French teacher, but have spent the last 20 years working with pupils with Autism and physical /medical needs. I just wondered if there is any interest in the support I can offer. If so, I will get the relevant paperwork in place.
I have an adult autistic son, who is now 31. I taught him at home for 8 years and used a a Montessori approach, which became a TEACCH approach. I have done the basic 3 day TEACCH course and have a Certificate in Autism from Bradford College. I taught in a Special School for 6 years.
The last 10 years I worked as an Advisoty Support Teacher for children with Physicsl and Medical needs - Cerebral Palsy, Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, Epilepsy, Acquired Brain Injury etc. I mainly advised about access to school sites, recording work, IT, Inclusive Sports, but covered a lot of other things. I also wrote reports for the Education Health and Care Plan process,
I would be happy to travel for up to an hour.
I am just testing the waters at the moment, but please get in touch if I can be of help. I am willing to sort out the paperwork to work in France if there is interest. I would need to be paid for this work.
I speak fluent French and would also consider French tuition for shirt blocks of time, but not 12 months a year.

Hello,

Have you ever considered working flexibly as a carer in the UK? You could work in the UK for a period of between 3-8 weeks as a live in carer and then spend extended break periods in your home in France. If you would like some more details let me know :slight_smile:

Hi, Samantha,

Thanks for your reply. I can earn a reasonable daily rate doing supply teaching in England, so I will stick with that for the moment. Things have changed since I posted the query, with grandchildren on their way, so I will have to see what happens!

Kim.

Glad things are working out OK, Kim.

Hello Kim,

Congratulations on the Grandchildren!

If you are interested in the future please get in touch :smile:

Thank you!

Kim.

Thanks, Samantha! Scary how fast things change, but exciting, too!!

Kim.